Sunday, April 3, 2011
Christmas 2010
At this point, why even post about Christmas, but this year we hosted Christmas at our house, and it was so much fun. Let me just say I love EVERYTHING about our house, even the bad parts, because it is part of our house. I have looked forward to having a home to decorate for Christmas for years and this I was able to do it. I think what I was most excited about now that we had a house, was putting up Christmas lights. However, that did not go as planned. Thanksgiving weekend my dad and I started to hang the LED lights I bought (I was trying to be eco-friendly). Well I didn't buy nearly enough, we only made it 2/3 of the way across the front of the house. I had high hopes to buy more lights and finishing the next weekend, but when night fell and I saw the ugly lack-luster blue glow of the LED lights I gave up. I didn't want to buy new lights at that point and redo all that we had done, and I certainly didn't want to buy more LED lights that I still curse to this day because they are so ugly and un-jolly. Even though the outside didn't go as I had planned the inside went great. My Christmas decorations didn't go as far as they did in our small condo, but with a few additions it worked out wonderfully. Our favorite part was picking out our Christmas Tree. We went to a lot near our house and picked out the most perfect Christmas tree. It looked amazing, smelled amazing, and Dan and I spent a lot of time in our front room just so we could be around it.

My parents, brother and fiance (now wife) came and stayed with us. My sister and her kids came over each day/night to hang out and celebrate Christmas. It was so much fun having all my family at OUR house. I loved that I could go to sleep in my our bed and wake up and come down to gifts under OUR tree. Don't get me wrong, I have loved having Christmas at the different family members homes, but I loved having a turn! One night we went to temple square to see the lights. We all bundled up and headed out. It was actually really nice weather, but very crowded. Dan had to coach a basketball game, so he couldn't make it, he was missed!!
This year I really wanted to surprise Dan with the present I got him. I knew he would love a ping pong table for the basement. I didn't want to spend too much on it since I know it won't be used a ton (I don't really play), so I started my search on KSL and Craigslist. I lost count on how many ads I called on. It was crazy, ads wouldn't even be up for an hour and the table would be sold. I had given up and bought Dan something else and decided it wasn't meant to be. Of course one night, before I went to bed, I checked the ads one more time. There was one for sale, it was listed at the perfect price and located in the city next to us. It was pretty late so I emailed the person saying I wanted it. The next morning I followed up with a call and he... SOLD IT TO ME! I couldn't believe it. I was so excited. Christmas Eve we put it in the garage to take downstairs later that night. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking and let Dan go into the garage before we had moved it. So he saw his surprise the night before, but still acted surprised Christmas morning, making it great for the both of us. It wasn't until later he told me. It was cute, he said that when he saw it he felt like if he said anything that night he would be in trouble (like when a little kids looks in a closet when they aren't suppose to and find their presents).
Christmas Morning
It was a wonderful Christmas celebrated with family. I feel so blessed to have so much. There is so much to be grateful for and I am glad we have the holiday season to remind us of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment