Dan's brother and sister in law have a daughter that they filmed reading this book. It is cute to hear her and Dan would imitate it all the time (in a loving Uncle way). I thought it would be fun to get Dan this book to read to our child, plus it could be the start our kids library of books.
When Dan came home I told him I had one more Christmas present for him that I couldn't get in time. Since we had been talking about me being pregnant the whole week before, he was kind of tipped off. He unwrapped the present and just stared at me. I wrote on the inside of the book, but not on the inside cover because there was illustrations, so my message was on the next page. When he didn't see a message where he guessed it would be, he thought maybe I thought it was just a Chase family book and I was being nice. Seeing the confused look on his face I showed him where my message was written.
He looked at me and asked "Really?" and I confirmed, yep, we are having a baby!! It was simple, but such a sweet moment!

No comments:
Post a Comment