4 Weeks of Waiting...
1 Picture... Totally Worth It!!!!!
Well actually lots of pictures, but here are 3 to show you. I haven't been blogging much lately because I have had one thing on my mind and couldn't really think of anything else. Finally I can share it with everyone.
Our Story...
January 2009 Dan and I decided it was time to start trying to start a family. With Dan's health and my family history of fertility problems we thought it might take some time, but we hoped and prayed that it wouldn't. Obviously time passed with no luck. My OB in 2009 was a mid-wife and I am sure a very good one. Unfortunately when it comes to fertility issues she was HORRIBLE. After six months of trying I went to my next appointment with lots of information and ready to take the next step. She on the other hand seemed to have no clue, nor cared to work with me so she just prescribed fertility drugs. That was the last time I saw her.
Next I was referred to a new Dr. from a lady who I went to church with. He was much better. He actually listened and we started on one medication then added Clomid. The most frustrating part of infertility is that you have to wait a MONTH, or longer in my case since I am extremely irregular, to try again. Months went by and nothing.
During this time it was hard, but not unbearable. I have to attribute my positive attitude to my faith in my Father in Heaven. I know that there exists a loving God who knows all of us and has a plan for each of us. I know that I have a Savior who loves me and felt my pain. I knew that I had to have patience because He knows what is best for Dan and I and we would be blessed when the time was right. So we pressed forward in patience. Also it really was fun, and hard at times, but wonderful to experience in the joy of so many of my friends having kids. I was able to focus on them and be happy for them.
Then all the craziness of this summer happened. We sold our condo, bought our house, and I changed jobs. I went off all fertility drugs at that point thinking I couldn't handle a baby during all that too. With the move and job change my Dr. wasn't available when I could go. I was once again frustrated at having to change doctors again and put it on hold. Finally Dan and I decided that in January we would see a specialist and I set an appointment.
I regularly take ovulation tests, but those, at this point, meant very little. I had taken one at the end of Nov. and was ovulating. I had told Dan not to let me take a pregnancy in December for many reasons. I didn't want a negative test right before Christmas, a negative test around my birthday usually meant I would be one more year older by the time a kid would come, and December represents the end of another year trying with no luck.
Since we were having everyone at our house for Christmas I didn't want to be in a bad mood and thought it would be a good idea to wait. Christmas came and went. My family went home and Dan was preparing to go to S.C. for his sister's wedding. I had been feeling sick throughout that week after Christmas, but just thought all the food I ate during Christmas was catching up to me. Then I started begging Dan to let me take a pregnancy test. He stuck to his guns and said not till Jan. 1st.
For the next 5 days that is really all I talked about... What If... Dan left for Sarah's wedding and I woke up Jan 1st and took a pregnancy test and saw that most beautiful sight... PREGNANT! I was so excited, but didn't want to tell Dan over the phone so I had to wait the 24 hours until he got home. (Telling Dan will be another post)
I quickly researched Dr.s and made an appointment with the one we thought would be best. Once again we had to wait. She was booked 4 weeks out so today was the soonest I could get in. Although I knew I was pregnant Dan and I still had a hard time really believing it until today. It was such a wonderful experience. We heard the heart beat, we saw our alien baby on the ultra sound, and found out that I am between 12-13 weeks along. My due date is Aug 16th!!!
This has been a wonderful experience and it is amazing to see how our lives have been blessed. We have been able to do so many things that we wouldn't have had I gotten pregnant right away. I have learned to have greater faith in God and trust that He does have a plan for Dan and me. We are so excited, but scared out of our minds!! Wish us luck!

11 comments:
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! What a wonderful way to start the new year!! You're going to be amazing parents!
Congrats Dan & Annie!!!
I am so excited to babysit this kid. Its going to be the cutest kid in Eternia. :) You guys are going to be awesome parents. Yay!
I got a little tear in my eye from reading this entry. This little baby is going to one lucky kid to have you as his mama, that's all I can say without bursting into complete tears.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Annie!! What a miracle!! The doctors said we wouldn't be able to have kids and we have been very blessed! I am so happy for you....and to think you are already into your 2nd trimester is even better!!! Please keep us updated with pics too!! Congrats!!!
I cant explain how happy I am for you! Yay Baby Chase
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! Oh Annie, you will be a wonderful mama.
Oh I am so happy for you guys! I cannot even wrap my mind around how emotional this journey has been for you two! Congrats!!!
Annie! It was so fun to read this post even though I have known for a while! We are so excited for you guys and to meet this new little baby! We love you!
eeeeeeee cant wait to see you and kiss your belly on thursday!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Jessica told me that you guys had had a conversation a few months ago about your struggles, but I'm so happy that it's finally happened for you. Motherhood is wonderful!
When are you going to post the gender?????
Post a Comment