Monday, June 16, 2008

Orem Festival!!!

Saturday night, Matt, Mark, Dan, and I went to the Orem festival. I have been looking forward to this for so long! I just love the atmosphere and feeling of being a little kid. We got there around 7:30 and it wasn't too crowded. We decided to get food first. After about 30 mins of walking by all the food booths everyone finally decided what they wanted. We sat down at one of the dirty tables available. About half way through our meal Dan realized that he started drinking out of one of the water bottles that was left on the table by some previous person(shown in picture)! After a minute of gagging he felt as though he would be ok. Then we walked around and looked at the booths and silly carnival games. We played the game where you have to get the ping pong ball in the jar to win a fish... and I WON! So now Dan and I have a fish, despite all of Dan's efforts that night to give it some kid, and all of yesterday to "set it free" by flushing it.

By the time we bought our tickets and headed to the lines to get on the rides we realized that all the lines were about an hour long and the rides shut down in an hour. So after some debate on what to do, we finally got in one line and decided that was the only ride we would get on that night. After the ride we stood in another amazingly long line to get some cotton candy, then we finished off the night watching the fireworks. It was a lot of fun and I am already looking forward to next year!

Mark, Matt, Dan eating the wonderful carnival food. Below is water bottle that Dan drank out of and me proudly showing off my fish!







Dan and I on the ride before it started.

3 comments:

kara said...

That is funny!! I totally laughed out loud about the whole water bottle thing..that is sick!!

The Ackerman Family said...

At our "Country Fest" they had the gold fish ball toss thing, and the kids wanted to do it so bad. Luckily we didn't have any cash to play the games, so we had a good excuse. I don't want to kill any more fish. How is yours doing?

Little Farmer Family said...

Annie, I'm so glad you have a blog!! You are so cute!!