Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last Hurrah of Summer

I don't come from an out doorsy family in any way, shape, or form. Now that my parents live in Cedar City we thought it would be fun to go camping all together, meaning, everyone but my mom. RJ flew up here and drove down with us. We only planned for one night and that was plenty.

As you will see some of these pictures are TINY. I downloaded them from my family, but I don't how to make them bigger.

Here is one of the vans packed to the brim with stuff, Mandy you make a great car model!


Dan and I setting up our tent, our tent next to Mandy's giant tent

We went on a very small hike and hung out at a little park







My mom is an AMAZING cook. She can make anything and it is always very yummy. We thought it would be fun to make a dutch oven dinner, and my mom did not disappoint! She had everything pre-made and ready to go in the oven. We had tamale pie, with a green salad, and watermelon for dinner with a peach and pineapple cobbler for dessert. MMMMmmmm



Here we are hanging out






Even though it was kind of cold and a lot of work, I hope this is the first of many camping trips with my family!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Since the chances of me ever camping out are less than one in a million, at some point I'm going to make that tamale pie at home. I'm glad everyone had a good time on this 24 hour camping trip.

Here's to the great outdoors!
Mom

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

It looks like so much fun! I love mountain getaways! & Annie, you are sooooo pretty!

Richard said...

That was a blast, when are we going again? Maybe a 25 to 50 mile hike to kind of spice things up.