Thursday, August 20, 2009

Other fun things we did this summer....

This really has been the summer of Friends and Family. We obviously traveled to see some, and others came here. Whether it was us traveling or them, I am just so happy I was able to spend time with them!

Cassie and Craig Came to Visit
Cassie and Craig came out for a friends wedding, that was actually the same day as Chelsea's wedding. I only could see her a couple of times because I was gone in California during most of her time here. We went to lunch with our friend Kara who we went to college with. It is always fun to get together and catch up and discuss our crazy college days!


Cassie also shared the good news that she is pregnant. Congratulations!! Cassie, Craig, Dan, and I went to the movies another night. It made me wish that they lived closer, they are so fun to spend time with!


Nicole's Baby Shower
My other roommate Nicole came out for a baby shower that her in-laws were throwing for her here in Utah. I am so excited for her and Rob, and was glad that she came out so I could see her! She got some adorable clothes for her baby girl!



Orem Owls
Dan and I went to our Annual Orem Owls baseball game. We were glad Mark came with us too.

During the game one of the workers asked us if anyone would like to play in one of the games they do on the field. Hesitantly we asked what we could win. They said 3 rooms of free carpet cleaning, I wanted that, so with some coaxing from Mark and Dan I agreed. You will see in the first picture I am way focused. The other lady I am competing against didn't seem very athletic (not that I am), but I thought I could take her.


This picture is of the finish. Obviously this isn't very offical, we were suppose to spin in a circle then push these play law mowers around some cones and back then touch the girl's hand. I had the lead then slipped (I swear, I'm not just making excuses!) so she caught up. Like I said you tag the hand of the girl in your lane (see picture below), the problem with this is that when it was too close to call, neither girl knows who was tagged first. So they gave it to me. YEAA

(see the 2 girls in jersey's... they are the ones we tagged)


Here I am still feeling happy and victorious!

Right after this picture Dan proceeds to tell me that it looked like I had lost. He even explained that people were Booing me. WHAT?? BOOING ME? I couldn't believe it. I didn't hear it, but was so sad that anyone could do that to me. Even if I didn't win there was no need for that. :) Anyway I tried to enjoy the rest of the game. As for my prize, they didn't have anything to give me there, but said they would mail it. So about 3 weeks later what do I get in the mail? A gift certificate to a carpet cleaning company for $15 !?!? What happened to my 3 free rooms? Oh well it was still a fun experience.


Jump On IT
I have been wanting to go to Jump On IT for a long time! For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a place that has a bunch of trampolines connected together. I LOVE trampolines so I knew it would be fun. Ben, Matt, Mark, Dan, and I went and we were not disappointed!

As you can imagine you get REALLY hot and sweaty. It is a great work out too!



This picture didn't really work, but here Dan and I are Jumping


Here is a video of Dan and Ben


I would recommend this place to everyone!

Workman Family Came to Visit

Dan's oldest sister Anne and her family came out to Utah to bring their oldest daughter to BYU for college. It was so fun seeing them and spending time with them. We took them to Jump On It also, but it was so crowded we didn't really stay.

We celebrated Essie's birthday at our house and since there really isn't a lot of things for kids to do, everyone huddled around the computer to watch You Tube videos.


Here is Dan with the Ben and the Workmans



On Sunday we all went to Temple Square. It was a beautiful day and we all had a great time.



I loved having them come and visit and I am really excited to have Laura stay out here.

Dan and I love visitors, so to all of you who don't live around here, know that we would love to see you and our door is always open if you need a place to stay!

No comments: