Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy 3 Years

On July 27th Dan and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. It is so crazy how fast time flies! We have had 3 wonderful years of marriage and I wouldn't change a thing. I think there are enough posts about how wonderful we think each other are, and I a sure there will be many more to come, I will spare everyone this time.

Since we counted SnowBird as our getaway, we just went to dinner that night at Chefs Table to celebrate. I loved my food, but Dan didn't quite have the same experience.
So far we (I) have tried to follow the silly anniversary themes. 1st anniversary is Paper, so I framed a picture for him. 2nd anniversary is Cotton, so we bought matching I heart NY shirts on our East coast trip. I wasn't going to do it this year, but I couldn't resist. 3rd anniversary is Leather. This was a bit trickier. We really don't spend a lot on gift because we really have everything we need and don't really like to buy things just to buy them. It was the morning of and I was frantically trying to think of something. It finally came to me... SLIPPERS!! Dan always wears mine outside in the winter time and it drives me nuts, so I thought he would like some of his own. So I ran to Payless (like I said we don't spend a lot on gifts) and found just what I was looking for. Yes it is fake leather, but the sentiment is there, and he was very excited when he unwrapped them!
Dan was extremely thoughtful and he even followed the tradition of leather. He said we could go buy a purse! I have wanted a new one for a while and I appreciated that he knew not to try and buy one with out me there :)

Dan bought me flowers that day!
Dan with his Slippers
Us at Dinner
It was a great day! I love you Dan!

No comments: