Thursday, September 10, 2009

My (our) New Car!


Monday Aug 31st we bought a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe. I blogged before about my poor Pontiac Sunfire being backed into and that is was the last straw that set me on the hunt for a new car. First some memories about my Sunfire.
  • It was my very first car. It was given to my by my parents after my sister got married and didn't need it anymore. August 2000 - It has been good to me for 9 years.
  • It was a SUNFIRE... not SunBird or Sunflower as many people mistook it for.
  • It was called the white rocket by my brother bc it was small and increasingly shook and rattled the faster I went.
  • I at one point fit fellow stat girl Jenny Martin and 3 basketball playings in my car. No that doesn't seem possible, but I did it.
  • It safely transported and survived the many little children that I babysat.
  • It got drove me to Utah and California MANY times.
  • I got many tickets in it, pulled forward into a yellow pole at the library, lightly rear ended a little old lady in a truck, but nothing serious. I did get rear ended, and backed into twice by other people.
  • It was the car that Dan and drove away in after our wedding.
  • It was my reliable friend.
In the end, there were usually had 3-5 lights lit up on the dash at all times. I couldn't unlock my doors in the winter. The defrosters stopped working, and I couldn't set the presets on my radio, so it stayed on one station 90% of the time. I loved that car, but it was time to move on. Ben, my brother-in-law, is going to Weber State so we gave it too him. I hope he loves it like I did.


I don't think he loves the car, but loves Having a car.

Goodbye car, I will miss you.

I have had my new car for about a week and a half now and I love it. It is so fun to drive and I love that it is bigger... hopefully it will be a great family car. I have never been into naming things, but a friend kept asking me what I was going to name it and I finally decided on Miley. You might be thinking, Miley Cyrus, and Yes you are right. I love her new song, Party in the USA, it was the first song played in that car and probably the most played song to date. So I thought naming it Miley it would help me remember when I got it. Hopefully it will treat me as good as my sunfire. I look for many new experiences and memories in this car.

7 comments:

Justin, Heather Lea and Atticus Zweig said...

Miley!!?!?! That's a direct insult to the love you previously held for Britney Spears.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

YAY for new cars!! I need one SO bad! Tell Chris to hurry & start his job so he can buy me one k? ;)

Little Farmer Family said...

Yay!! That is so exciting!! I still have had the same car since I was 16 too and I am READY for a change!! With our 3rd on the way I'll be getting a new one soon too.....it's amazing how these little cars go on forever...it never has let me down to this day!! But you deserve it and look great in it. :)

Craig and Cassie said...

You forgot to mention all the times you almost killed us in that car.

mons meg said...

I LOVE that you named your car Miley!!! I love Miley Cyrus! :) good bye sunfire! my memory of the sunfire is when you, me, and chels got lost coming home from the beach because a cop pulled us over out of the carpool lane. we ended up in LA and called all our parents to figure out how to get home. i was late for my drivers training appointment! haha i think about that everytime i drive from newport to glendora :)

Chennell said...

I love the Santa Fe!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Sad to say good bye to a car we love! You look more and more like Mandi as you grow up. Haha And with your hair being longer, that definitely adds to it. :)