Friday, July 25, 2008

An Unexpected Night in Boston

Dan and I booked our train from Boston to New York, because Zach and Annie were flying out of Boston and they said we could have a ride down there with them from New Hampshire. It was a little slow getting out of New Hampshire. It always takes longer than planned to say goodbye to family, and then we hit A LOT of traffic. Once we arrived we tried to fit in seeing some sites, but not being familiar with the city and all the one-way streets it took us a bit longer to get around then we thought. By the time we found the train station we had missed out train. I was on the phone trying to reschedule our tickets, but all trains to New York we sold out for the night. So I burst into tears thinking we were stuck forever in Boston, while Dan is trying to find where we are suppose to be just in case our train was delayed. Unfortunately it wasn't.

After calming down and just sitting for a bit in the train station we rescheduled our tickets for the next morning. We called and found a hotel in Quincy that we could just take the local train to. We unloaded and took the train back in to Boston and were able to walk the Red Line. It really all worked our perfectly and Dan and I had a wonderful time in Boston. We offically think there are the nicest people in Boston.


Dan and I with some tour guides that were dressed up on the Red Line (we didn't go on a tour, we just wanted a picture with them). Notice there is actually a Red Line. The picture on right is of Annie and Dan at the Old North Church. That is where the lanterns were hung t0 tell how the British were coming. I was amazed by how powerful that place was. I am so glad we saw it, even if it meant we missed our train :)



Here I am with Dan in the train station after missing our train. Down but not out! I couldn't resist taking a picture of the information board... it was and old kind that all the names and times flipped to change.



These are pictures that we took when we walked the red line that night. The picture on the left was a monument of the Massachusetts 54 and to the right was me and Dan by a statue of Paul Revere.

1 comment:

The Birds said...

I am SO happy I found out you have a blog!! I LOVED Boston!! I LOVE history though, and so I found it so competely fascinating. However, did you find the Boston Masacre "site" and the Boston Harbor "museum"? Yeah, what a let down - however, we did find "Cheers"!!! Anyway, I'm glad you got to walk the Red Line (literally- so funny, eh?!) and I'm so glad you had a good time. I feel like such a jerk friend that I didn't even ask you to tell me about what you did - thanks for blogging it! We love you guys and congrats on two years!
~Chandi