It was amazing walking out of Penn Station and seeing New York. It was exactly how it had been described to me, insanely crazy. People were everywhere, millions of taxies, and Dan and I wondering what we got ourselves into. Once we got checked into our hotel and found where our tour started it all seemed to make more sense. We bought tickets to go on the double decker buses which we thought was a lot of fun. Some tour guides were better than others, but overall we thought it was the best way to see the city.


Dan and I on top on the bus. Here is the pew that George Washington sat on in the actual church that he would worship in. The church was just down the street from Ground Zero.


Me at Ground Zero and Dan on the Brooklyn Bridge.


The Empire State Building that Dan pointed out EVERY time he saw it ... or thought he saw it. Dan with the Statue of Liberty. It was amazing seeing the statue of liberty and visiting Ellis Island.
After the first day we slept really well and get up ready to go and see the rest of New York.



We went to the American Museum of Natural History. That was interesting and we loved it, we just wish that we had more time to go and see some of the other amazing museums that New York has. The Picture on the bottom was for the Frick Museum that we drove by. I just thought it was an interesting name :)


For dinner Dan and I went to Jekyll and Hyde restaurant, it was recommended to us by a lady we met in Boston. It would be a really fun place to go during Halloween. The food was ok and they did a good job with keeping the theme through the whole restaurant, but the service was horrible. They tell you after you place your order to go ahead and walk around and look at the other floors, so we did. When we came back to our table there were people sitting at it! So they get us a new table. We are ready to go and they take forever getting our check and when she finally brings it I tried asking her a question and she cuts me off and said she could help me after the little skit thing was over. So we got out of there and probably won't go back.
The Picture on the right Dan and I in Central Park. I had no idea it was soooooo big. We didn't walk very far in because we were afraid we would get lost and not know how to get out.

After letting our food settle for a bit in Central Park I begged Dan to go to Serendipity for dessert. I LOVE that movie and really wanted to go. So I called to see if we were anywhere close to it and we were! So we started walking (we were too cheap to take a cab). There we got these 2 massive desserts, both very good, but we were still a little full from dinner. After eating there we realized we had 30 minutes to get back to the place that our shuttle was going to pick us up to take us back to the hotel. So we started walking/running back to the shuttle stop that was really far from where we were.

While running back we saw this sign and couldn't resist taking a picture of it... a Seinfeld reference. We ran down 5th Ave and I was sad we didn't have time to stop in any of the stores. Not that we were going to buy anything... I just thought that would be fun. We finally make it to the pick up spot just in time, but the shuttle isn't there. Dan then sees it drive past us. We realize we were on the wrong street. So we missed the shuttle, but called so we could get on the next one.

I didn't mind to much that we missed the shuttle, even though we ran a million blocks unnecessarily, but it gave us a chance to take pictures in Time Square and to buy our I Love NY T-shirts. So it all worked out just fine in the end.
The morning we were getting ready to leave for Philly Mandy called and she said she was on her way to the hospital... she was going into labor. I was so excited for her, but sad that I wasn't able to be there. The night we got back from the east coast I was so happy to finally hold Sadie and she how beautiful she is.

Mandy and I also went to the store that night and here she is on one of the Walmart scooters helping her get around. It was so funny seeing her drive that thing and hearing the beeping every time she backed up! I love you Mandy!

No comments:
Post a Comment