When we first arrived we unloaded the car and headed to Valley Forge. Philly was the only place we rented a car and tried to find our way around. We Mapquested how to get to most places, but the freeways were SOOOO confusing and we often got lost, turning a 30 minute drive into 2 hours.
When we arrived we watched a little video about Valley Forge and when it was over it was pouring rain. We ran to the museum that was close by and looked around. By the time we were ready to leave the rain had stopped. We drove around the grounds and it was absolutely beautiful. The rain made everything look so green and lush. When we were finally ready to leave we couldn't find our way out. We had driven down so many roads that we couldn't figure which ones we took to get into Valley Forge. After driving in circles for an hour we found our way out and headed home, just to get lost again, but we made it eventually.



The picture on the top left and Dan and I are in the museum at Valley Forge that explain the history of the revolutionary war. The next picture is at the same place, Dan with his head in a cut out of a young George Washington. The picture on the bottom right is of a HUGE arch monument at Valley Forge.
The next day Dan and I went to Independence Square. It was nice having been to Boston and then to Philly and seeing to important of the two locations in contributing to the freedom of this country. It was nice that all the buildings were relatively close together, but by this time on our trip we were pretty tired of walking. This is also where Dan ate his authentic philly cheese steak from a street vendor.



Here I am with a Statue of George Washington. Dan and me at Declaration Hall. And the last picture is of Dan in the room here the Declaration of Independence was signed.


Here I am with the Liberty Bell and Dan and I at Ben Franklin's grave.
The last day Dan and I headed out to Amish Country. It was a beautiful drive and reading the town names as we passed through was very entertaining. We stopped at a Chocolate store that Barrack Obama had visited just a few day prior. Apparently it is very famous store and I know I know why... the chocolate is soooo good! After lunch we visited one of the Amish farms. Here we
took a horse and buggy tour of the farm. Our tour guide was raised Amish, but at 15 decided not to join the church and so he is just giving tours until he leaves for college (which is against the church... He said the Amish don't believe you need education above the 8th grade).


2 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I'm jealous, I would love to do something like that!
Wow, you took some pretty good pictures. I guess when your as beautiful of as couple as you to make it's quite alright. I can't believe the magnitude of the trip, did you get any pics of our relatives out in Philidephia? I don't know what they even look like!
Post a Comment