Monday, November 28, 2011

A Very Happy Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving at my parents house in Cedar City. Mandy and her family drove down Wednesday, and so did I with Dan and Dallas. RJ, Danielle, and Jordyn drove up the day before.
The Whole Family
I think I haven't introduced Jordyn yet, she is my brother's daughter that was born just 14 hours before Dallas. It was so fun to go through my pregnancy the same time as Danielle and for us to be in the hospital at the same time (just in different states). It would have been fun if they were born on the same day, but Jordyn was born the day before. She is just the cutest baby and Thanksgiving was the first time we got to meet her. We had a good time introducing the cousins to each other and taking lots of pictures of the two.

From the moment we all arrived to the moment we left it was a great visit. My mom and dad work so hard to make sure we have a good time with lots of relaxing, they are such good parents and I hope to be like them! This was also the first holiday that we have all spent together with our little ones. I was sad when it was over and can't wait for the next time we can get together.


Some events of the weekend: Lots and Lots of good food. My sister made pumpkin pancakes with homemade syrup that was amazing. Honestly, words can't describe how delicious they were. I could have just eaten those every meal and been perfectly happy. We watched movies and took family pictures. It was really special when we went around the table after Thanksgiving dinner and shared what we are thankful for. Life for all of us has changed so much over the past year it was great to sit back and reflect. One highlight of every Thanksgiving is Black Friday planning and shopping.
All the cousins together
My sister and I live for Black Friday. We love the craziness, the crowds, and the thrill of getting something for a great deal. My brother and his wife jumped on board and joined us this year. Since we were in Cedar City, Walmart is really the only store there so that is where we went. They had two shopping times (10pm and 12am). We left all the kids with my parents and we all headed out. I knew Dan was opposed to going, but I thought once he was there he would have fun. BOY WAS I WRONG!! He hated every minute and even yelled out at one point "You're all going to Hell" I kid you not. After the 10pm rush I sent him home with Danielle, who also didn't seem to be enjoying the madness. Mandy and Jake mostly needed things at the 10pm start and were waiting in lines the rest of the night. RJ and I staked out the DVD players, printer, speakers, and camera. Luckily all these things were right next to each other. With careful planning and quick hands we were able to get all we wanted. It was a great success and SO MUCH FUN!

Dallas was done at this point!
I am so thankful for being blessed with a wonderful family and that we are all able to get together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dallas is so, so adorable and I must say, I would've paid good money to witness Dan's mini Black Friday meltdown. Priceless.

Carter News said...

14 hours apart - that's crazy! How exciting for everyone - especially your parents. All the kids are super adorable!