Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do We Glow?

A week ago at church a sweet lady looked and Dan and me (holding Dallas) and said... " You guys just glow!"


It was such a sweet, unexpected comment and has stuck with me. Do we glow? Reflecting over the past year we have definitely had are highs and lows along with our High of highs (finding out I was pregnant) and our Low of lows (Dan being in the hospital). And here we are today, Dan doing much better and us enjoying our little boy, so to answer that question, I think we do glow.

Since this is Thanksgiving week I want to take a minute and express my gratitude for all that God has blessed us with, especially our trials. I remember my mom saying, we need to have bad days so we can appreciate the good. I feel as though Dan and I both had a fairly good childhood and our marriage has been wonderful. That doesn't mean we didn't have tough times, but things just seemed to go our way. Once we found out we were pregnant we really thought life was perfect. Then our trail came. I am glad it is over, but I am so thankful it happened. From it we grew even closer together as a couple. We have gained a greater appreciation for our health, for a good job, and more than anything, for our friends and family.

Through good times and bad it is wonderful to be blessed with family and friends to share those times with. So, thank you to all those around us that have taught me what it truly means to give Christ-like service and love. For being there for us and for helping us get through those bad times and celebrating with us during the good.

I guess our "glow" is a glow of a little family that feels loved and is thankful we are together.

No comments: