Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2008 Chase Family News Letter

This is the Christmas letter we sent out, but obviously not to everyone, so here it is for everyone to read:

2008 has been a wonderful year for both Dan and me. This past year has definitely been our year of traveling. I visited San Diego in April for my brother's birthday. While there I was able to spend time with many of my friends that I grew up with. I had beautiful weather which was a much needed break from the worst winter we have ever experienced. In July Dan and I went to his family reunion in New Hampshire. It was a lot of fun spending time with his family and visiting such a beautiful place. From there we visited Boston and walked the Red Line. We continued on to New York which was amazing. We went to Central Park, saw the Statue of Liberty, visited the Museum of Natural History, and ate at Serendipity. Our trip concluded by visiting Philadelphia. There we visited Valley Forge, Independence Square, and Amish Country.

Our last trip of the year was a surprise for Dan. I planned a trip to Hawaii (his home) for his birthday. He was very surprised and excited. We had a wonderful time and couldn't have had a better weather. A nice thing about both of us having been there before, we were able to go and just relax.

Dan has been very busy. He got a new job this year. It is still in the State system but he is doing managerial training. He has developed a 3 day HR training program and so far it has been a great success! He also fit time in his schedule to teach classes at BYU and UVU. Dan is continuing on with his Ph.D. and he enjoys his classes and is doing very well in them. Dan still plays basketball every week and was on a summer league team.

I also have had a busy but rewarding year. I still work for a real estate company. Although the market has been shaky I have enjoyed the new challenges it brings. I have also enjoyed planning each of our trips and have continued to improve my cooking and housekeeping skills. I really believe practice makes perfect and I am grateful I have a husband who is sweet enough to choke down my experimental dinners with a smile.

We have had a wonderful year and are looking forward to 2009. This season we are reminded of how wonderfully the Lord has blessed us. We are especially thankful for our family and friends who continually enrich our lives. We wish you a Merry Christmas ans hope the New Year brings nothing but health and happiness.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

awwww you're so grown up! you have a chase family christmas letter! i LOVE it!