Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Top 8 Things I am Thankful For

In no particular order, except for #1

8. My Job. I am very thankful for a job that allows me to grow and learn. Although it can be ruff at times, I appreciate those times because they are usually teaching me something. I am also grateful for my job (and Dan's) because it provides the means to have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food in our stomachs.

7. To live in Utah. Utah was never the place I thought I would live once I was married, but this is where I am, and I am grateful for it. Utah really is such a beautiful place. I get to enjoy the 4 seasons (even if one seems to last longer than the other 3). I live by lakes and mountains. Dan and I can actually afford to buy a home of our own. It really is a great environment to be in. Many people here share my same values. I live close to my sister and semi close to my parents. Utah really is a wonderful place!

6. Being Content. This is kind of a silly one, but I really am so thankful that I was raised to be happy with what I have and I am. I have so much, an amazing husband, a beautiful condo, way too much to eat, clothes to wear, and the list that could go on and on. No I don't have the nicest of everything, but who does? It is amazing how good life really is when you don't compare or want things that you DON'T need. Don't get me wrong, there are a million things I would love to have, but I am so happy with what I have, and I should be, I have a lot and I need to be thankful for it!

5. Health. I am thankful for my awesome health mentally and physically. I also think health goes beyond just not being sick. It includes the ability to move and function. So I am grateful that I can walk around each day, that I can run and exercise at the gym, I can swim in the ocean.

4. Religion. I am so thankful that I am part of a religion that provides so much hope and strength. I love being part of a ward that I know will take care of Dan and me no matter what life throws at us. I am so grateful for the knowledge of a God who loves me so much that he would send his son to die for me so that I can return home.

3. Friends. Friends are amazing. Friendship is a special bond that is created when strangers meet. I am thankful for the many friends that have come in and out of my life. I am even more thankful for the ones that have stuck, who have been there through the years and still talk to, even if it is only every once in awhile! Friends are people who love you because the want to (family have to :) ). My life wouldn't be the same if it weren't for the friends that I have.

2. Family. Family and friends have to be separate! They are both important, but each hold different role. I am thankful for my family. For my parents who have loved me unconditionally since the day I was born. They have raised me to be the person that I am and have continued to be there for me, always a steadfast pillar. For my siblings who have been such great examples to me. There is a special bond between sisters and between a little sister and big brother. I wish I could describe it, but I can't, I am just grateful for it!! For extended family and my new family I got when I married Dan. I have heard horror stories about in-laws, but I married into a great family that loves me.

1. Dan. I could just leave his name and that would say it all, but since not everyone knows what those 3 little letters mean to me I will elaborate a little. He is the other half of me. I have heard that many times growing up, but now I know what that means. My life has taken new meaning since the day we decided to get married. I can't imagine life without him. He is so kind, patient, and knows my needs. He is the most amazing person who makes me what to be a better person for him. He is the only person that can bring me to tears just thinking about him. Just the thought of him warms me to the core. I am so thankful for who he is and that he loves me more than anything else in the world!

3 comments:

Chennell said...

Hey Annie. How was your Thanksgiving?

amelia said...

Good post Annie. I've come to appreciate Utah, too! Happy Thanksgiving.

Craig and Cassie said...

It's amazing how much a person grows and changes in just a few years. I couldn't have imagined some of things coming out of your mouth freshman year....Okay, so the only surprising thing is the Thankful for Utah section. I'm so glad to see you happy there!