Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dan

November 6th was Dan's 31st birthday. It was so fun to be in Hawaii with part of his family. We had dinner over at his sister Liz's home with her family: Chris, Mary, Chase, and Emma. Dan's mom, brother Ben and other sister Sara were also there to Celebrate. We had a great time visiting and eating great food. Thanks for everyone's help to make it a special day!


Me and Dan with Chase, Emma, and Mary


Dan blowing out his birthday candles

A couple of things about Dan that I wanted to share about him are these. First is the way Dan is with me when we are in in public. It is hard to describe so I hope this makes sense. Dan isn't a cuddly person, but when we are around other people he often has his hand on my hip almost pulling me in towards him. I feel as though he is holding me close so that nothing happens to me and also a subtle warning to those near to back away, I am his. It sounds silly trying to explain it, but I love it. I know every husband is like this, but it is so cute how he watches over me. In Hawaii when we were in the ocean Dan would get nervous if I was too far away from him. There had been shark sightings the day before and he said, was nervous for me to get to far away because of the sharks, or that I might just get swept away in the current. Dan I hope you know that you are my hero and I know you are there for me.

The other thing is his genuine concern for others. Three ways I can explain this are as follows: 1. Dan worries about his friends and family when they are going through a hard time. Not just when he first hears news of something someone is going through, but he keeps in touch and is supportive the whole time. 2. He is a great example of not saying anything mean to people even in the heat of any argument, because he can't live with himself knowing he said something that may really hurt some one's feelings (for example when playing basketball he is nice to the not so good player even if that person is causing them to lose. Rather than yell at that player for messing up Dan will encourage them and complement them on the good things they are doing). 3. When he sees someone who may not have enough to buy a meal or is homeless on the street he is always willing to give a couple of dollars to help them out. It is amazing how compassionate he is!

Dan you are such an amazing person and I feel like the luckiest person alive to be married to you. Thanks for choosing me and I hope you know I how much I love and admire you!

No comments: