Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2008 Presidential Elections

This last Presidential Election was out of control, but very monumental. The race for candidacy started about 2 years ago. It was so interesting because we had Barack Obama (a black man), Hilary Clinton (a woman), and Mitt Romney (a mormon) amongst the large pool of candidates. I have really never watch debates before nor really know what was really going on, but his year I think I finally realized that I need to get involved and know what is happening in the country that I so proudly live in (it also helped that Dan rarely missed a debate and was always talking about what was happening with his friends and family). I can't say that I know all about each party's plat forms, but I was move aware this year than in years past.

Of course I am bias and wanted Romney to get the nomination, and I truly did feel that he was qualified, but unfortunately he did not and it came down to Barack Obama and John McCain.


Barack Obama (Democratic Nomination) and Joe Biden his V.P. Candidate.


John McCain (Republican Nomination) and Sarah Palin his V.P. Candidate

I am proud to say (even though some disagree with the importance of voting (eehemm Dan) ) that I voted this election. I am grateful that I live in a place that allows me the freedom to express my opinion and vote for the person that I feel will best lead this country.On Nov. 4th 2008 Barack Obama was name to be the next President of the United States of American. Although it wasn't what I had hoped for, I am happy about what it represents. It is great to see that the racial bonds that have bound this country for so long are continuing to loosen. As we embark on this new presidency I hope that Obama and Biden will be able lead this country to better times.