Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rest and Relaxation

Dan and I had the best time in Hawaii. I have finally learned the difference between a "vacation" and a "trip". A trip is something you usually something you need a vacation from when you come back. A vacation is something that revitalizes you. When you come back you feel great and are ready for anything. Hawaii was a true vacation!

Dan and I left Wednesday morning, considering we drove to the airport in down poor of snow, we couldn't wait to leave.


The morning we left

We were flying standby, something I haven't done before, and it was quite the experience! I didn't know this, but standby tickets are ranked by seniority. Our friend (Kolo) who got the tickets for us had only been working at the airport for a really short time, therefore we were on the bottom of the list to get on the plane. Kolo and BK, 2 of Dan's friends that he grew up with were going home that day too, which was exciting for Dan. We had originally planned to get on the direct flight to Hawaii, but didn't make that flight. That plane had a valve or something that needed to be replaced, delaying it for a little bit, so Dan and I weren't heart broken not getting on the flight. We much rather get on a plane that didn't have any problems. We did get on the flight to California that would then connect us to Hawaii.


Dan calling his family letting them know that we were going to arrive on the later flight.


Dan, BK, Me, and Kolo passing the time by playing cards in the LA airport.

We arrived safe and sound in Hawaii that night. It was amazing how good it felt to just know we were in warm weather. Chris (Dan's brother-in-law) picked us up from the airport, then let us barrow his car for the week. Dan really has such an awesome family!

Even though we went to bed super late, we still woke up really early. I knew that would be the only day that would happen so we decided to go the the point and watch the sunrise. It was so beautiful, I am so glad we didn't miss that!


Before it came up


Good Morning!


Dan and I at Sunset Beach. We spent most of our time here and Waimea.


Words can't describe how beautiful it was there.


Friday night we were able to go to the OIA Championship football game. Kahuku was playing, Dan's high school, and it was actually a very exciting game that ended in victory for the Red Raiders!


From the back Me, Dan, Ben, Liz, and Londa. As you can see we had poncho's on. It rained through most of the game, but it made it kind of fun. Plus I wasn't going to complain about the rain considering it only came at night and left the days perfect for us to enjoy.


Such a beautiful temple!


The Laie temple is going to be closing at the beginning of the year for 18months to be renovated. Dan and I were grateful that we had the chance to go.


Here is a picture of Waimea


The last day Dan and I went to Turtle beach to look at the sea turtles. You can't see any here, but I thought it was a pretty picture of the rocks.

The best thing about this vacation was that we were in a place that we have both been. We weren't running around trying to do and see everything. We honestly would wake up each day, get ready for the beach, enjoy the perfect weather, eat good food, and spend time with family and friends. There wasn't a single thing that I would have changed about this vacation.

5 comments:

The Birds said...

Yay! So glad you posted these! I was hoping for some pics! Glad you got a real vacation in! That's exactly what I felt like when we went in July. It was truly a vacation and oh...everbody needs one of those every now and again! Thanks again for inviting Madalyn down. She had a GREAT time! You guys are the best!
~Chandi

Alyssa said...

Wow I am so jealous! Those pics are so pretty! Im glad that you guys had a good time! :)

kara said...

cool pics annie..seems like you guys had a blast..happy to have you back..i missed you!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful time! Awesome too that you could do insider stuff (like HS football games) and avoid all the touristy stuff. :) Yay for birthday surprises!

amelia said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! What a fun trip.