Just like everyone else I LOVE conference weekend! There are so many wonderful things about it! For those of you who don't know what conference is, it is when the leaders of the LDS church give talks on all sorts of topics to help us in life. We have conference every 6 months and it is broadcasted on TV so we don't even have to get out of our P.J.'s. It is a two day event that makes you want to be a better person when it is over and gives you the spiritual lift needed to get through the next 6 months until it is on again.
Some highlights of this weekend:
- My awesome friend Kara gave Dan and me tickets for the Saturday morning session. We had amazing seats and had a wonderful time feeling the spirit that comes with being in the presence of the Prophet and apostles. A Picture of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- I watched the second session at my sister's house, then that night we had a girls night out. I always have so much fun spending time with Mandy. We went to dinner, to the mall, then ended with a movie, it doesn't get much better than that! Here we are at dinner. Sadie is so cute, I can't help but take lots of pictures of her!
- Monkey Bread (pull aparts) is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast. I always try and make something yummy over conference weekend and this is easy and yummy, so Win Win :)
- Neither Dan or I got out of our PJ's on Sunday, what could possibly be better than that?
Favorite Talks
- L. Tom Perry: He spoke on the simple life... I guess I didn't need to listen to that one, I already blogged about it. JUST KIDDING. He talked about not letting the stresses and strains of life get the better of us. He put it so well, by quoting Emerson, saying all we need in life is Food (living the word of wisdom) Clothing (dressing modestly) Shelter (living within our means) Fuel (spiritual fuel we get from praying, scripture study, etc). Honestly, it can't get more simple than that when it comes to what can bring happiness into our lives. Towards the end he expressed that there is righteousness in simplicity! Well said.
- Joseph B. Wirthlin: He spoke on accepting whatever life throws at us. He had such a great attitude on disappointments and frustrations that come. We can either sulk and be sad, or pick ourselves up knowing everything will be ok. We need to understand when times are tough we do have a loving Heavenly Father who is there for us and that we need to endure and He will help us through those tough times! Also it is good to laugh at things that happen. I love that. I think my sister is a great example of this. I remember her telling me a story of a time that her daughter Chloe decided to paint her nails and got nail polish everywhere. Instead of yelling, she laughed at how cute Chloe looked and helped her clean up the mess.
- Russell M. Nelson: He spoke on marriage. He said "Harmony in marriage comes only when one esteems the welfare of his or her spouse among the highest of priorities. When that really happens, a celestial marriage becomes a reality, bringing great joy in this life and in the life to come". I am so thankful for a husband who does this and I thankful for the wise reminders on what brings true happiness to a marriage.

No comments:
Post a Comment