Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Shoctober

Halloween is Dan's second favorite holiday, next to Christmas. I have always considered it an ok holiday, but it is tainted by the whole dressing up thing. Most people love having to opportunity to dress up, but for me I just get anxiety. I have the biggest phobia of dressing up for a party or work and finding out upon arrival that I am the only who dressed up and then being made fun of. I realize this is silly, but I just can't get over it. Dan on the other hand LOVES Halloween (although he doesn't like dressing up either). He has helped me gain a greater appreciation for it, and the many wonderful things we can do to have fun that don't involve dressing up. He loves watching scary movies, going to practically every haunted house/forest in Utah, putting up Halloween decorations, and just the feel of fall.

We have been watching scary movies, but we have been slacking a little on the haunted houses. This weekend we went with friends to the Haunted Forest. It is our favorite, and is tradition to go to each year. It was a perfect night, good weather and we got there early enough that we didn't have to wait 2 hours to get in.


Here Dan and I are at the entrance. We didn't know the fake monster behind us had a motion sensor so we got a good little scare just trying to take this picture.



Matt, Mark, Dan, Me, Traci, and Danny.
After the Haunted Forest we went back to Traci and Danny's house to watch a movie. They had their apartment all decked out for Halloween, I wish I had taken a picture, it was so cute. Thanks so much for having us over!

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ok so I have the same fear! Have you seen Legally Blonde? She goes to a party, and is the only one in a costume! I always worry about that too! :) And I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Haunted Forest!! I have been twice this week! It is so much fun!

amelia said...

How fun. I love Haunted Forest! Do they still have the guy with no legs in there?

Annie and Dan said...

Alyssa, thanks for reminding me of the movie I was thinking of! Sorry Amelia he wasn't there.

Little Farmer Family said...

How fun! I haven't been to anything remotely scary since middle school when I went to Knott's scary farm! I really am starting to enjoy Halloween..I don't think I'd ever dress up either for the same reasons but my kids are getting to the stage where they are just so excited!

Danny said...

That was fun, another must come quickly. Btw- I think it would be good to mention that Dan was most scared by the girls (14 year-old girls) behind us laughing. Dude thought it was creepy and was about to say how cool it was until he turned around and saw the creepy laughers themselves.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Chris misses Shoctober with you guys! He was telling me all about it! Looks like you had fun!
~Mari

The Birds said...

You two are too cute! I LOVE Halloween, but for all the opposite reasons Dan does. I hate all the scary stuff, but love the whole carnival, pumpkin patch part. I do however agree 100% about not liking to dress-up. Never have and I probably never will!
~Chandi