Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Growing Boy

How have I not had a blog post with this title yet? I could have sworn that I did, but as I looked back through my posts there isn't one. I am amazed because Dallas is always growing and changing like crazy. I am sad that I have been slacking on my blog updates on him, but I haven't been great at taking pictures either so the two kind of go hand in hand.

Who couldn't love this face :)

On Tuesday, Nov. 20th Dallas had his 15 month appointment. I have been looking forward to this appointment for a while because I feel like he has grown so much since his last appointment and I wanted to know his stats and to show the pediatrician all that he can do.

First his stats:

Length: 32inches - 91 percentile
Weight: 24pounds 15oz - 80 percentile
Head: 37cm - 87 percentile
Yes, Dallas IS big and has grown a lot. Not that I have anything to do with him actually growing, but I was a proud mom. Secondly, I was worried when the Dr. asked if Dallas said any words. Dallas knows lots of sounds and has many sounds for words, but actually says very few. This is a breakdown:

Mom: Mamamama or Nana
Dad: Da or  Daaaaad or Nana
Jesus: I'm not sure how to type this one out, but he has some variation of "Sus"
Shoe: sh sh
Dog: Doooooog - He said a lot of words drawn out since I say them to him slowly trying to teach him
Trash: trish
Thank you: Da doo - something like this. He said two sounds, the first higher pitched than the second
Hot: Haaaaa - He says this with his hand drawn in like he has just touched something hot

Looking sharp and ready for church. It is too bad he won't he his tie on.
 
Sounds
Dog: two grunts - This one he has had down forever
Cat: a high pitched noise. It use to be a growl so he is getting better
Bird: Teet teet - I love this one it is so cute
Bear: Growl
Monkey: He bangs his chest
Fish: Makes a fishy face
Cow: mmmmmooooooooo

He knows the following body parts: Head, hair, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, teeth, tongue, hands, shows us his muscles by flexing, belly button and toes.

Shopping is nearly impossible with him these days. I have a runner who refuses to stay in the cart.
 
So back to Dallas' Dr. appointment. I started going through all of this stuff with Dallas and finally the Dr. says, ok ok that is good, he is doing great, he is very advanced. I had to laugh because it was clear he didn't care to see everything, but I wanted to make sure Dallas was doing ok, so I was pleased to hear he is developing perfectly well.

Other things about Dallas:


  • He still LOVES to be outside and the cold does not deter him one bit. 
  • He is quite the performer and usually will show off.
  • He still prefers women to almost all men. He does love hanging out with his uncle Benny, but that is it besides Dan when it comes to men.
  • He will only drink milk out of a bottle. If it is in anything else he will spit it out.
  •  He is finally sleeping through the night consistently. It was a long struggle, but he is a champ now. Although he still wakes up between 6:30 and 7am no matter what time he goes to bed.
  • He loves to play tricks on people. He will unceasingly play the "where did it go?" game where he will hide something, put his hands up, like where did it go, then show it to you with a "tricked you" laugh!! He also will pretend to hand you something then pull it away laughing.
  • He loves to be chased, tickled, thrown up in the air, and cuddled.
  • Unfortunately he has a naughty streak. If he is getting into some he isn't suppose to and I tell him no, he will then do something else that we know we don't like, ie biting furniture, licking walls, etc. 
  • He absolutely gets into everything he can. 
 



 He was long overdue for a hair cut. I had them cut it the shortest we ever had and it broke my heart. He looked too grown up.



This was Dallas' first outing in the snow. Overall it went pretty well. He was most excited when he found out he could eat the snow.
I know there are a million more things about him, but this will have to do for know. Dan and I love this kid more then we could ever express. Dallas is amazing and we don't know who we are so lucky to be parents and parents to such a special little boy!

No comments: