Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Halloween

Halloween around our house is much different than it use to be. We would go to haunted houses, watch lots of scary movies, and stay in to pass out candy. Now with Dallas it has taken on a new meaning. I don't like scary, dark, or gross associations with Halloween. I had so much fun dressing him up and taking him to a few homes.



This year we dressed him up as Cosmo the cougar, the BYU mascot. I thought he looked adorable and I was pleased that he didn't mind having the hood up most of the time. I tried to paint his nose and give him whiskers, but he barely let me do his nose.  I also thought it was a great costume to keep him warm, but it turned out to be an amazingly warm Halloween. I only took him to a few homes of friends, pretty much only to show him off since he doesn't talk and doesn't really grasp the concept of Halloween yet.

We were very good about not giving Dallas sugary things before he was one. Now we are more lax about it, but we should be better since it seems that Dallas LOVES candy, cookies, ice cream, etc. All night he was wanting more and more. He love Kit Kats and probably would have eaten them all night if we let him.



 A happy boy with a face covered in chocolate!
It was a great night and we look forward to each holiday with him as he gets older.

No comments: