Monday, July 30, 2012

Six is Bliss

Friday Dan and I celebrated are 6th Anniversary. I was asked if it felt like we have been married six years, when I thought about it I realized, Yes it does! It isn't like we just got married, and we haven't been married so long that it feels like forever, but we have been through quite a bit and have a child now. So our sixth anniversary feels like it should :)

Dan was in sweats since he was just released from the hospital the day before. He was admitted for a fistula that cause major infection. He had a small but very deep incision right at his waist line so real pants with a belt was out of the question.

We actually celebrated on the Monday before our anniversary since that is when Laura and Mark could watch Dallas for us. Dan and I went to Dinner at Maria Bonita, our favorite Mexican restaurant, Cold Stone for dessert, then went and saw The Dark Night Rises. It was a great night!

Dan got me 6 beautiful pink roses that smelled amazing. Since the 6th anniversary is Iron, I got him Cinnabon flavored cream of wheat that was IRON enriched. Kind of a stretch, but we are on a budget.
 
Another wonderful year down. This was such a fun year being parents. I am thankful to have a loving and devoted husband who is a wonderful Dad too. I could go on and on about Dan and our marriage, but I can sum it all up by saying life is good!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sweet, loving thoughts by each of you. No better way to celebrate six happy years!

Mom