Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Garage Sale

I love a good deal! I get such a high when I can get something for a great price. My friend Tammy is the same way and we were talking about going to garage sales, but neither of us really new what we are doing. We went to one garage sale about a month ago and found a couple good deals on toys and clothes of our boys, but knew there was so much to this art. Yes, I just called going to garaged sales an art.

Two weeks ago Tammy was talking with a friend of ours who lives in our neighborhood and found out she is a garage sale pro. We planned to all go out today so Tammy and I could learn the tips and tricks of the trade. We headed out this morning and had so much fun and had so much SUCCESS!! We each had our lists for things we where hoping to find, but mostly found new treasures that we didn't realize we needed :)

Here is a tunnel thing that folds down. It was only $5 and already Dallas and I have had fun chasing each other through it. I also found a carry-on size suit case with matching bag and a mini CD player for Dallas' room. Both I needed and both were only $5!!!

Thanks, Candice for teaching us to be brave. The first two or three sales we stopped at we had Candice bargain for us, but by the end I was able to make my own deals. We probably went to 10 or more sales and we would have kept going if I didn't have to get back. Dan was so wonderful and watched Dallas for me, just as the other husbands did so it could be a girls trip.

I wish I took a picture of the back of Candice's van. She had the back row of seats down and by the end we were packed full! We found great deals and had so much fun!

1 comment:

The Ackerman Family said...

Way to go! That tunnel thing is awesome! I wish I could have gone! Now we need to go together so you can teach me what you learned! Love ya!