Monday, July 16, 2012

My BIG Eater

Dallas LOVES food. Not all food, but he seems to be constantly eating something. I love taking pictures while he is in his chair because he seems to make the funniest faces and always cover himself in what he is eating. Here Dallas is trying is first veggies.



Dallas was not a fan of the solid food at first. I would give him a piece of the Puff cereal and he would gag and make faces as if I was trying to poison him.



These were the days that Dallas would actually wear a bib. He now will rip it off as soon as I put it on. Because of this, he usually needs a major wipe down or bath after most meals.


Dallas is addicted to water. He would always see me drinking out of my water bottle and would want to also. I was amazed at how fast he learned how to suck the water up through the straw. He has is own sippy now and he loves it!




Pasta is usually just fun for him to play with so we have laid off it for a while. This is mostly to give me a break on major clean ups.



Watermelon is like a drug for him. He can eat it for every meal and will stuff his mouth full unless I regulate him.




At my parents we had pizza. I knew he liked it so I took a piece of cheese pizza cut some up and gave it to him. A few minutes later it was gone so I cut more up. In total he ate TWO pieces, no crust, and a bunch of watermelon. I couldn't believe he could eat so much and even check all around the floor and his chair assuming some had dropped. Nope.

Look at his belly sticking out. He was starting on his cake after all the pizza and watermelon.


Cheerios have been off and on, but recently he has really liked them. I just love to watch him use his pointer and thumb to pick them up. Although, one day he decided his fingers weren't quite good enough and so he put his face into his tray trying to eat them without his hands and this was the result. 




He loves yogurt. He always plays with the lid while I feed him. Many mornings he will have a full yogurt and a piece of bread. Then an hour or so later he will be ready for his morning nap and drink a 5oz bottle.

 Here he is trying to bum some yogurt of Dan :)


He still loves wheat thins and other crackers. He will be Hot/Lean pockets, pot pies, string cheese, gnaws on carrots, cereal, refried beans and tortillas, this makes me so proud, and much more. He doesn't seem to like potatoes which is strange to me.

Finally, when he has had enough or doesn't want something I am trying to give me he will shake his head and say something as if he is telling me NO. If I persist he will keep that up, but add in a waving hand. If I still hand it to him or put it in his mouth, thinking if he just tastes it he will like it, he will throw it or spit is out.

1 comment:

Craig and Cassie said...

He is so grown up, I hope I get to see him soon! Riley doesn't like potatoes either...weird. And he is already a much healthier eater than me which was my goal! LOL