Then there were the middle years. Dan and I had so much fun going on vacations, eating out whenever, and enjoying the two incomes and no kids. We experienced new things together and went through hard times which brought us even closer together. Our relationship grew so much and any insecurities or worries I might have had, drifted away as I knew I was married to the most perfect man for me.
Here we are 5 years later and still totally and completely in love with each other. Although, in love in a way I never knew existed. It is a love that goes beyond surface and has changed my life forever. I understand why parents seem "boring." They understand that going and doing things are great, or buying things for each other is nice, but spending time together is most important. I wouldn't trade anytime with Dan for anything in the world. Lying in his arms and falling asleep during a movie in our family room is the best feeling in the world. Staying up late, in our bed after we have turned off the lights, and just talking about whatever is on our minds are moments that I treasure and can never be replaced.
Don't get me wrong, we love to go and do, but those aren't the moments in our marriage that have bonded us together. Looking back I feel so blessed to be married to such an amazing man. We have spent 5 wonderful years together, just us, and I have loved every minute. I can honestly say that because even the hard and scary times are experiences that brought us even closer together.
Now that a baby is on the way and I am going to stop working I have no idea what the next 5 years are going to look like. Dan and I will be faced with a whole new set of challenges, but there is no other person I would want by my side. I also look forward to the new joys and wonderful experiences we are going to have together.
This year we kept things really low key. Since our anniversary fell on a Wednesday and we had work we carpooled in together. Dan came to my work Downtown were we went to the Lion House Pantry for lunch. We had never been there before and thought it would be fun to take advantage while I was still working Downtown. Below is a picture of us outside the restaurant. (Dan's cheeks look chubby due to the high dose of steroids)
After work we got a couples massage which was amazing (thank you Groupon!). And headed home for a quiet night before we headed to bed. The theme for your fifth anniversary is wood. I got Dan a wood picture frame for his work office. He doesn't have any pictures of us up. He bought a beautifully wood framed Proclamation to the World. I love it and was really impressed with such a good pick!
Dan really is the perfect person for me. We talk all the time how we felt lead to one another and I fully believe that. We are two very different people, but together we work so perfectly together. I truly thank my Father in Heaven everyday for blessing me with such an amazing husband and hope I can be as good of a wife to him. Here's to 5 wonderful years, and I can't wait to see how we make it through the next 5 years as parents! Wish us luck!

2 comments:
I love you guys! I love that you are married! Thank you for being a wonderful example to me.
SUCH a good post! Your so stinkin cute Annie.
Post a Comment