One of my best friends from middle school and high school came to visit over the weekend. It was just what I needed. It was fun to spend time with someone from home and she kick me into gear getting the last few things I was procrastinating done.

I picked her up from the airport last Thursday and when Dan came home we were off to Famous Dave's for some mouth watering Utah BBQ. I am sure there are many other good places, but Dan and I have always liked Famous Dave's and there isn't one in California. Friday and Saturday morning Julie and I went out for a walk. It felt so good to get some exercise and get some fresh air. I appreciated her walking slower and a shorter distance so I could keep up and not be completely dead for the rest of the day.
Like I said, she helped me finish the baby's room. I had been procrastinating washing the clothes and opening some of the last things because my crazy logic was... if these things aren't done the baby can't come. Well, obviously it doesn't work like that so I was grateful to have her help. We did several loads of laundry (with Dan saying the whole time that this kid has too many clothes. I tried to explain that these clothes span 0-12months and we really didn't have that much for a growing baby. Dan's response: We can just wrap him in a blanket... such a boy). We cleaned all the toys, boiled the binkies, and set up the baby monitor.
We went out and bought some of the last few things I still needed to buy. Monday we put up the wall paper boarder and the room looks AMAZING!!! From the last pictures I posted this has the blinds, curtain, and wallpaper are up. I can't believe the difference it makes!

Close up of the crib/bedding and bookself with the boarder.

Closet full of clean clothes. Pretend the suit case is actually packed, and once again please admire the wallpaper that just makes the room complete!

Sunday was pretty low key and Monday I only worked a half day so we could play some more. I took her to The Chocolate and Cafe Rio for dinner, two other Utah only places. We watched LOTS of HGTV and enjoyed hanging out like old times.
It was a perfect weekend and I was so thankful she came up.
3 comments:
Darling room! Just remind Dan that Baby will go through multiple outfits a day because he will poop through, pee through, or throw-up everywhere. :) Unfortunately you'll be doing more laundry for yourselves as well since all those bodily fluids will be on y'all too. I've taken many a showers in the middle of the night :)
OH that looks like a perfect room for the little guy. I would want to hang out in there. Cant wait to hear the news of this little guys arrival!
I love Cassie's comment! That is so true! The room is SO cute Annie! You did great! I can't wait for this little guy to come. It is about the most exciting thing for me next to my own kids being born! I loved your Anniversary post! It was so sweet! Congrats on 5 years! Dan is great, and I know how HOT you think he is! ;) Lol! Love ya!
Post a Comment