Wednesday, August 17, 2011

40 Weeks Pregnant and No Baby

Well my due date came and went yesterday without me going into labor. For some this is the worst thing that can happen, for me I was almost relieved, and I love being pregnant. My Dr. had told me on Friday (my 3rd appointment that I just walked to from Dan's hospital room) that I was 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I had a follow-up appointment for yesterday and she added... if I make it. Well, I did. I was relieved. By not having the baby before now it has allowed the following to happen: Dan was released from the hospital, I was able to clean and put life back together from staying at the hospital, I was able to check out the old girls and check in the new girls at the condo I manage for my parents, Dan was able to teach a training he really could not miss, and I was able to get my hair done.

Me on my due date!!

I officially feel as ready as I can be which is good because I go in tonight at 7pm to start inducement! My sister-in-law went in last night to be induced and still no baby so the race is on to see who delivers first. We are filled with excitement, but this is so final. When I didn't know the baby would come I could just put it out of my mind. Not anymore... I am going in tonight and leaving in a couple of days with a baby. So crazy.... but I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful! You're obviously making such a lovely home for your little one that he doesn't want to come out! Little does he know, life is only going to get better with that first breath.

The Ackerman Family said...

Look at you blogging the day you go into the hospital! You look so beautiful in that picture Annie! I am so ready for this baby to come! I can't wait!!!! I am so grateful that I live close and will be able to be with you as you start your journey on Motherhood! I can't wait to hang out and love your little babe! Now we just need Dan to stay healthy! Doesn't he know that its your time to get all the attention!!! :) J/K

The Ackerman Family said...

So are you almost 42 weeks pregnant now? WHERE IS THE UPDATE? (I am mostly asking so that all your loyal readers can hear if there has been any exciting news.) The fact you HAVEN'T blogged should let everyone know that something/someone is keeping you busy, and its not Dan this time ;)! Love ya and that cute baby that may or may not be here. Now I am just rambling and need to quit!!!