Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Welcome to our Home!

Drum roll please..... I am finally posting pictures of our new home. You will notice in some pictures there are Halloween decorations up and our grass is green. I mention this only so you realize that some of these pictures were taken a while ago.

Welcome!




This is the front of our house (if you couldn't tell). Please notice the branches hanging down at the top of the piture. Unless you have visited us before this post, you will never get to see this BIG BEAUTIFUL tree. It is called a globe willow and it is one of the reasons I wanted this house. I can't believe I don't have a picture of it, so please trust me that it was amazing.

The reason you won't get to see it in full glory is that our first big snow storm that came this past weekend broke one of the main branches (about 1/4 of the tree) and it landed on our neighbors fence. I am greatful for such nice neighbors who were patient with us as we called tree trimmers. This tree has been cut back significantly (along with the backyard one). We are pretty sure we will remove it in the spring... tear.... because these trees grow fast and this one is too close to the house.

Here is a picture of the heavy snow we got and the broken branch (look toward the back fence).

Ok back to the tour.... Please step inside!

This is the living room/entry way (also known as the room we never go in except when visitors stop by, oh wait, or when we have parties). As you walk through the living room you will have a stair case on you left side leading up to bedrooms.

As you reach the top of the stairs you have Dan's bathroom on your right (sorry no picture for some reason) and then a spare bedroom and Dan's office on your left.

I will have to paint the accent walls at some point! And sorry about the mess. Dan't office is one room I really don't care about organizing quite yet, although it has come a long way.

Across from the office is our room.


I love the bay window, it over looks our backyard. In the second picutre you can see they have his and her closets. Dan's is on the left and mine is on the right.

And our bathroom. They put granite counter tops in both upstairs bathrooms which is nice, but more counter space would have been even better :)

I would have love to have a nice big master bath, but I was willing to compromise to get a big backyard. Going back down the stairs we are back in the living room. As we keep walking we enter into the kitchen.

This next picture shows the flow from the kitchen to our family room.


And our family room. There is still work to be done, like finding a coffee table, and something to hold our dvd's and other entertainment things, but for now it works and we like it :)


On the right side of the picture you can see the red currants that are over the door leading you to the backyard... let's go!

I am standing on the far side of the yard. Again, I fell in love with the tree. There is also a shed to the left of the tree that is great storage for the lawn mower etc and helps keep our garage clean. They left the play set which was fine by me and has come in handy when my sisters kids have been over. There is a small patio and then the back left corner there is a raised garden box that I can't wait to use. This back yard is a dream for me and I love it, despite all the work it takes to keep it looking like this :)

Before racking

After (Thanks Mark for all your help)

Going back in, here is a picure from the family room looking up towards the kitchen. There is a door on the far right, next to the stairs leading down to the basement, that leads to our garage.


I am so so thankful for our garage!

Then we will head down the stairs to the basement. To the right is the laundry room and the blue room. To the left you can kind of see a door way to the guest bedroom.






I'm not sure who would paint a basement room from floor to ceiling such a dark blue, but they did. This will be painted... some day...

Then we have our guest bedroom



A nice thing about the guest bedroom and the blue room is that they have big, built-in closets.


Then we have the guest bathroom


And finally the bonus/play room. On the left you will see closet doors, they are all shelved for storage, it is WONDERFUL! We put a TV and dvd player down here, mostly for the kids to watch movies while the adults hang out up stiars.



Well, that is our new home. We love it and feel so blessed. We LOVE visitors and everyone is welcome anytime!

7 comments:

kara said...

it's awesome!! i am so excited for you annie!! i miss you..and our lunches!!

Anonymous said...

From the depths of my heart, I tell you that I am so happy that you posted pictures of the new house because it is amazing! What a great place to call home.

I'm so proud of Annie Chase.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

I'm so happy you did this! I feel like I have been to your house now. Love it!
Happy birthday to your amazing Mom. And, I can't believe you're married to such an old man! :) Love you guys!

The Ackerman Family said...

Don't you wish your home could always look that perfect! It always looks great, but I wish there was a magic wand to make each room look like the cleaning lady just cleaned it! I am so glad you have your new home and that you are so close!

Little Farmer Family said...

Annie!! I love it!! And so jealous of the back yard!! It sure looks and sounds like you're enjoying being new homeowner's!! :)

Matty said...

Visitors welcome? I want to come stay one of these weekends...

The Birds said...

So fun! So jealous for all that room and a big backyard! But, so happy for you guys!!!