Our Thanksgiving Feast (the turkey was on the counter, it didn't fit on the table)
I am so thankful for my wonderful family. I grew up in a house full of love and teaching. I then married into a wonderful family who I have felt has counted me as one of their own since the day they met me. And finally I am thankful for Dan. Life wouldn't be life with out him. I am lucky to be married to someone who makes me smile each day and takes such good care of me. Dan is understanding and loving and puts up with a lot of things that I doubt others could!
The next morning I was up and ready to go Black Friday Shopping!!! I have come to realize either you love Black Friday Shopping or you hate it, and I LOVE IT!! Even if I don't have to buy anything I will find something that I feel I should go out at 3am to get.
Thanksgiving night my sister, Laura, and I looked through then re-looked through all the adds and mapped out our game plan of where to go when. My sister headed out at midnight and was coming home around 2:30am when Laura and I were waking up and heading out the door. We went to Kohl's first and this is what we drove up to see.

One really really really long line. Since it was all of 12 degrees outside we decided to wait in the car until the line started to move. It was amazing, by the time we were actually walking into the store people were walking OUT with their purchases! I didn't need anything, but Laura was able to get some really cute gifts for her family. Unfortunately by the time I remembered that I should be waiting in line while she shopped, it was already wrapped half way around the store. An hour and a half later we finally walked out and we were on to the next store. We hit HomeDepot (ShopVac and Christmas decorations), JC Penny (a beautiful stand mixer that I
One really really really long line. Since it was all of 12 degrees outside we decided to wait in the car until the line started to move. It was amazing, by the time we were actually walking into the store people were walking OUT with their purchases! I didn't need anything, but Laura was able to get some really cute gifts for her family. Unfortunately by the time I remembered that I should be waiting in line while she shopped, it was already wrapped half way around the store. An hour and a half later we finally walked out and we were on to the next store. We hit HomeDepot (ShopVac and Christmas decorations), JC Penny (a beautiful stand mixer that I
LOVE and a electric griddle), then we ended with Target.
All in all it was a wonderful morning. We returned home around 7am and went back to bed. This was my second year going with Laura and she is definitely a great shopping companion. We always have fun together!! Here we are before going into Kohl's. Of course she looks fabulous, I was just happy to be awake and that I could feel my toes :)

Until next year...

3 comments:
Thats a cute picture of us! :) Good times.
You're crazy! I can't believe you did Black Friday shopping! Sounds like you got some good things though!
I know this is old news now but congrats on your new house!! It looks amazing and I can see why you feel in love with the yard. Someday...in the very far future...we too will be home owners!
Post a Comment