Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Flower Anniversary

Yesterday was our 4th Anniversary. It was a pretty low key day because of work and me being at my new job, but it really was a perfect day. I had to go to the DWS building in SLC in the morning. I didn't know where it was so my sweet husband left for work at the same time and let me follow him and he showed me were the building was. He go home before me too and cleaned the crockpot that I had been avoiding cleaning (that sounds small, but it meant a lot). We then exchanged gift.


I LOVE following the anniversary themes. Unlike last year I was prepared for this one. The theme for your 4th anniversary is flowers (hence the title). Dan loves lei's so I got him one. His favorite kind is Ginger because they smell so wonderful. I ordered it and had it sent to my work (it's great that the shipping cost more than the lei itself). Doesn't he look hansom! He even wore it to work today.



Dan got me 4 roses, each year he gets me roses for how many years we have been married, and a card that was so perfect. I figured that was the gift because the theme was flowers, but no, he went one step farther. Our new house has lots of places for me to garden and so Dan got me gardening supplies and a gift card to Cook's Nursery because he knows how much I want to buy tulip bulbs.

( I hate writing excuses on blogs, but I blame these horrid pictures of me on the fact that I had JUST gotten home after a 10 hour work day)

Dan said he thought I looked beautiful, yet another reason Dan is so wonderful, even in the morning when my hair is crazy and I have no make up on he will tell me I look great. I know he must be lying, but it makes me feel great :)




We went to dinner then to "The Chocolate" for dessert. I love this place! We both ate ourselves sick, but it was sooo good!


I realize 4 years isn't that long, but as we were talking last night, we realized how much we love saying way back when we were first married, or something like that because it signifies that we have been through a lot together and we have an established relationship. These past years truly have been so wonderful. I feel as though we have a very strange but special relationship that we could only have with each other. I feel so blessed to have Dan as my husband. Dan is such a wonderful husband and no one else could love me and have the patience he does with me like he does. I know he is the one for me. I love Dan more than I could ever express and I am thankful we were able to celebrate yesterday!

5 comments:

Laura Anne said...

I love you guys. You are such good examples to me! I am grateful for your wonderful relationship. Happy (belated) Dannieversary!

Chelsey Searle said...

ahhh Happy Anniversary! you guys are adorable. I still need to try that Chocolate place. Have I mentioned that I miss seeing you around the office? But SO happy your loving your new job. Keep up this blogging habit. this is twice within a week! go annie!

Chelsey said...

Ok.. I didnt realize I was in my other blog when I posted... that "about the photographer" post is mine :)

Seymour Chase said...

i, too, think you look good - yellow is a good color for you - it's a cute shirt.
i love that you keep with the traditional themes. i looked up what ours will be next yr to see if we should try it - it's tin/aluminum - so i guess i can get z some cans of pepsi.
miss you guys!

mons meg said...

congratulations! does this mean you got the house you wanted?