Saturday, July 10, 2010

Change

Dan and I usually have the same stuff going on. We love that. We love consistency and really haven't had much change in our lives since we got married. The last 3 weeks have definitely brought about a lot of change.

First the condo. We listed our condo and SOLD it in 2 weeks. Yep, I think it was record timing. We have listed our Condo for the past two summers, but decided if we ever wanted to buy a house, this Summer had to be it. We rented a storage unit, stored our winter stuff and cleared out our closets so it didn't look like 2 people needed 3 closets. We were ready to do what ever we needed to make our place look great. We listed it on a Tuesday night. We had a couple come through Wednesday night, come back again Thursday, then two other groups come through on Saturday. Monday we got an offer. It was a guy who came through on Saturday and wanted to buy an investment property. After a few counter offers we accepted that Thursday and planned on closing at the end of July. Thursday afternoon we got a call from his agent saying he wanted to close the NEXT day. We barely wrapped our minds around the idea of accepting his offer. A few things still needed to be done so we said the following Wednesday would work best. (Since this is an investment property he didn't need us to move out right away and we could just lease back until we found a place) Friday we looked at a couple of homes. Since I work for a real estate company Dan and I have been looking at homes on the MLS and were able to narrow down the ones we liked. The first one we went to we fell in love with. We went to the other one, but didn't like it nearly as much. Then it was the 4th of July weekend. We tried to rest and relax as much as possible, but with all this excitement it was hard. Tuesday we reviewed the MLS one more time and picked out 2 more homes to look at the next day.

Wednesday we closed. We are no longer condo owners, we are renters. I have to admit I don't like the feeling of being a renter so I am glad it is temporary. After we closed we looked at the house we loved again along with the 2 other homes we thought might be possibilities. The other two homes weren't even close, the first home was the one. Thursday morning we put in an offer and have been countering back and forth. Tomorrow we will hear back and hopefully be settled and we will be moving into the perfect home at the end of Aug, early Sept. We can't wait. This also means any visitors that would like to come and visit will have an awesome place to stay at :) (For those of you who know Utah, we are buying in Riverton. It is half way between where Dan and I work)

Buying house has been exciting, but extremely stressful. So what else could possibly compare in stress during this SAME time? Well I got a new job!!

One of my last posts was about my company merging. I was so excited for the merge and thought it would be a perfect fit for me. I know new jobs can be hard and with time you get into a groove and things and they aren't so bad. After 3 months I realized this wasn't going to get much better. I always thought I would love just doing accounting, but I now know I really don't like it. I don't like being isolated, I am a people person, and I don't like adjusting entries and modifying financials all day long. Also I realized I wasn't the best person for the job. Yes I could do it, but not as efficiently as some with an accounting degree. I had applied for another job a couple of weeks ago, and went to the interview. I was very very pleased at how well the interview went. I knew I would enjoy that job more then what I was currently doing and knew I could do it well. I had been week or so and hadn't heard anything back. I was trying to just focus on our housing situation, but then this past Thursday I got the call that I got the job. I was so excited, but I really couldn't think of a crazier time for me to change jobs. Also I have a lot of respect and appreciation for my bosses. I feel as though I had been through a lot with this company and leaving it wouldn't be easy. The more I thought about it I felt at peace when I leaned toward taking the new job. Friday I put in my two week notice and felt a huge weight lifted off me. I knew I made the right decision.

To some this last week up, we closed on our condo, put an offer in to buy a new house, and I accepted a new job causing me to quit my current job. Surviving the stress of this last week has made me realize I can survive anything, but I prefer our nice calm lives.

7 comments:

We Are Three said...

I am SO EXCITED for you guys!!!! I only wish I could be there to see this new house!!!!!!! I only hope you'll be posting pictures of the new digs and the new job.

Congrats Annie!

Seymour Chase said...

wow!!! congrats on everything! can't wait to see you guys!

Chelsey said...

OK I was not expecting this when you told me to go read your blog. But I will admit Im very happy for you.. House and new job. sounds like things just fell into place for you guys. Although I am very sad.

Little Farmer Family said...

Wowser's!!!!! hang in there!!! It's GOOD stress, right?? :) That's so exciting! I hope you get your dream home!!! Keep us posted and show some pics!!!! :)

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Congratulations on everything! And to celebrate... you are taking a trip to NAPA!

Carter News said...

What a crazy - but exciting - week for you guys!! Congrats on selling the condo. Can't wait to see which house you get!

mons meg said...

wow!!! i want to hear about the new job! and the house! let's have a phone chat...or an email...when did we stop doing that???