Friday, August 27, 2010

Closing Day

At Closing!

That's right, today we closed on our house!! At 1pm we did the walk through. Even though we have been to the house several times, this time I think it finally it really sunk in that this house is going to be ours. We then headed to the title company Utah First. There we signed our lives away and gave them all our money for the down payment. Everything went very smoothly, it almost seemed too easy. The funny thing is we closed today (it worked best for our schedules) and the Hughes, who we are buying the house from, are closing on Tuesday. It is strange that we can close on different days. They will be moved out by Saturday at 5pm and the place is ours!!!

I am so grateful I worked in real estate as long as I did because it made this process so much less stressful. It was nice to work with Jason Vonk with Security Home Mortgage located in the same building as my old company. I could just run up stairs anytime I needed help or had a questions. We closed with Mark and Chuck at Utah First who I have known for the past 3 years. Finally there was our agent Kimberlie Kerswell who was the best agent a person could ask for. I have worked with her for years and knew she would do a great job. She gave great advice, but didn't influence our decisions. She was on top of all the paperwork and kept us updated through the whole process. All the people we needed to make this day happened were wonderful and it was nice to work with friends who I could rely on and trust.

To celebrate we ate at Rodizio Grill for dinner. It was a was so good and a great way to end such an exciting day. Now I am sitting her typing hoping my food will digest faster so i don't feel so full!

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

Yaa! I'm so happy for you. So crazy walking out of there home owners. I wish I would have thought to take a picture. Congrats!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Congratulations! Post pictures of your new place soon. And since my sister-in-law also lives in Riverton, maybe I will get to stop by next time I'm in Utah!

Carter News said...

Woo hoo- congrats! Can't wait to see photos of the house coming together with YOUR stuff inside! So exciting!

mons meg said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!