The NCAA Championship is on our T.V. as I type this. Bulter vs Duke. As I am sure there are many out there in the same situation, but am frustrated that neither of my teams made it (Ohio St. and Baylor). A side note, I have learned that it is VERY important to remember to say "State" if it is part of the team name. I think I started to drive Dan nuts because he never knew who I was talking about. Anyway... I am not frustrated that my teams didn't make the Championship because I really care about who is in the final game, but because I wanted my bracket to beat Dan's. This is the first year I have filled out a bracket and I did it based on name recognition and how much I liked the team name, i.e. Baylor. Dan did his bracket off of what he knew like all other men in America. We kept score according to the ESPN scoring and after the first round I was winning. It was so much fun. I had the running score on my computer at work and followed everything closely. I even spent my weekend watching the games with Dan. It was fun to share this with Dan, but for me it was purely wanting to beat Dan, the competitive side of me coming out. I was sure my bracket would dominate, but slowing all my teams started getting out and Dan's were moving on.
In the end Dan won earning the most points, but this is something we look forward to doing each year. It was really cute, when I mentioned to Dan that I wanted to make it a tradition he responded with excitement: Oh Yeah this is something I want to do with out kids. So until next year.
Hare Krishna:
A week ago Dan, Matt, Mark, Ben, and I went to the Hare Krishna Spring celebration, A.K.A The Festival of Colors. It is the Indian celebration of the end of Winter and the beginning of Spring. I had heard of it before, and this year Matt suggested we go so we did. Besides the fact that we probably walked 2 miles from where we parked to the temple and another 2 back, it was a lot of fun. I knew you threw colors at each other, but I didn't know you got COVERED. I had plans to hang out with my sister that night and I had JUST washed my hair so I sat on the side while the boys entered the craziness. It was actually a lot of fun to watch it from a distance. And I even got some pink thrown on my by some random person. I wasn't that thrilled, but I figured I was there so I couldn't complain. The other notable thing was how many accidents we passed. I think it topped out at 6. There was a lot of traffic so I can understand a accident or two, but not 6, it was amazing. It was funny talking to people on Monday and hearing how there were so many people there that we knew (Laura) but we never ran into. Here are some pictures:
The Temple

Us on our LONG walk

This was the before picture, notice the cloud of color in the background.

And here is the after shot, they were mildly covered compared to most others.

April Fools:

Dan and I haven't really gotten into April Fool's, but this year I thought it would be fun to try and get Dan. I looked online trying to find the perfect prank and finally I came across it. What you do is twist the deodorant down a little then fill it with cream cheese. I had to do this the night before because Dan keeps his deodorant in his bathroom and puts it on right after he showers. I spent a lot of time shaping the cream cheese to look right so he would be "fooled". Dan also uses about 3 different deodorants at the same time, just rotating each day. So I had to hide the other ones I didn't sabotage, hoping he wouldn't notice. The main problem was that it is cream cheese that I used. If I could have done it in the morning it would have worked better, but since I put it in his drawer the night before it started to separate by morning. He obviously didn't fall for it, but it was a fun trying and Dan was paranoid the rest of the morning thinking I had done other things which was worth it.
Try #2
If you know Dan and I we still find great joy in scaring the other person to death. So that night when Dan got out of bed to use the bathroom I hid in a corner and jumped out saying "April Fools" and scared him good. Even if my original idea didn't work out I am glad I could fall back on our default pranks to do the job :)

4 comments:
Love the April Fool's joke - too bad it didn't go exactly as planned! But at least you had Dan worried for the day. ;)
classic! I wish I had seen you guys at the festival. :(
"Hare Krishna" is the name of a religion. Saying you "went to Hare Krishna" would be like saying, "I went to Lds" or "I went to Catholic" when you had meant to say, "I went to an Lds chapel" or "I went to a Catholic Cathedral".
The correct usage would have been: "I went to The Hare Krishna Temple."
Thank you for clarifying that. I honestly wasn't sure how to write that and I sorry if I offended you.
Post a Comment