First, we wished my dad a Happy Birthday and gave him the hammock we all bought him while in Costa Maya (on our Cruise). Although he saw us carrying it around he didn't know it was for him so it was fun to see his face.
Second, in the card that my sister Mandy gave to him she put the picture of her ultrasound announcing to the family she is PREGNANT!! Congratulations Mandy, you are amazing and I am so happy for you and I can't wait for your new one to arrive!!!!!!!!
Third, it was conference so we were all able to relax and listen to the amazing words being spoken... mostly. I will definitely need to read to talks. With the little kids and my amazing ability to fall asleep after I have just slept for 8 hours of sleep, I missed some of it :)
Finally it was Easter. Holidays really are so much more fun with little kids. We decorated sugar cookies (ate LOTs of them), dyed eggs, and watch the kids run around like crazy during the Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun. And as usually my mom made so much delicious food, I still haven't weighed myself.
Going back to the reason for my post, my dad's birthday. He is such an amazing man. He can always be relied upon and is the firm foundation that holds our family together. He is the best example on how to be a good spouse, a good church member, a good friend, and a good financial manager. Most people know I am extremely cheap about most stuff. This I attribute to my dad. I am saying this in the most complimentary way possible. Although I am sure it drives some people crazy, I am grateful I inherited this from him. I love this saying: Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or Do without. It reminds me of my dad. Growing up and still today whenever something broke he would glue it back together, if possible. You would be amazed at what he could fix with his bottle of Epoxy. Well Dad, this is for you.
My shoe has these 2 belt type things coming across the front. Of course the buttons on the end that are suppose to be nailed in to keep everthing together came out. What was my first thought? I can glue this back together and sure enough it worked like a charm!
Happy Birthday Dad, I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:
That is NOT Chloe in the first picture! Oh my gosh. Has it been that long since I've seen you guys?! Now I'm sad.
Post a Comment