Monday, March 1, 2010

BYU Basketball

Dan and I went to the BYU vs New Mexico Basketball game on Saturday. Although we lost, it was still an amazing game and here's why:

  • We were invited to go with amazing friends.
  • Our amazing friends had FRONT row seats right behind the BYU bench. Can you see the bar separating us from the court right below Dan's elbow?
  • We were on the same row as Elder Uchtdorf and Bednar and they walked infront of us when they left.
  • Since we went with an other couple, I had a girl I could sit and chat with and Dan had a boy he could focus on the game with.
  • The fans were amazing... Neither Dan or I have been to a BYU basketball game in years and years and it was so fun being a part of the excitement (at least until the end). We have been to several Jazz games, but those fans had nothing on the student section and die hard fans, it really was just so exciting.

We had a great weekend and I was glad we could spend time with friends and cheer on the Cougars!!

P.S. I think this picture is so funny because both Dan and I are hunched down so we could get the background, but I am way shorter than him, it just looks odd to me.

2 comments:

We Are Three said...

Yea well, I went to BYU-Idaho when Elder Bednar was President so I think i win.

Kristina said...

Well... Ryan (my husband) was mission companions with Elder Bednars son, Jeff! I think I win! :)

haha.

Looks like you had a fun time! Esp. with great seats! I have never been to a BYU basketball game. I wish I took advantage of it when we lived in provo!