This first Thanksgiving at our place consisted of: Dan, Mark, Laura, Londa, and me. Ben was suppose to be here too, but he was fortunate enough to travel with his team to the Big Skye Finals for football. We missed him, but were glad he was able to have this great opportunity. Laura baked 2 delicious pumpkin pies and Londa make her famous rolls, yams, and helped me in the kitchen. I bought the turkey about a week ago, made sure it was thawed in time, buttered it up, put it in a oven bag and into the oven. My family has a tradition of going to a movie while the turkey is cooking and so we did the same.
We headed out to The Blind Side, a great movie, but I cried through the whole thing. It was a longer movie than I thought, tack on travel time and 20 minutes of previews and it turns out to be a really long time we were gone. The minute the movie was over I made everyone run out of the theater so I could pull the turkey out of the oven. Flashes of a black turkey were going through my head the entire drive home. Luckily the turkey was only in for an extra 20 minutes and didn't hurt it at all. It came out nice and juicy, the potatoes were perfect, and everything else was wonderful!
Here is our table. Dan and I don't normally eat at our table so it was fun to decorate it for our dinner. The table cloth was given to us as a wedding present and I finally used it. We all signed it and it will come out at the next holiday we celebrate here.
All off us full and happy.
Relaxing as our food settles
Dan and I are so blessed in so many ways. We loved having friends and family over for Thanksgiving and hope to have our table cloth signed by many of you as the years pass. We hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and know that we are grateful for you!

3 comments:
Way to go Annie! I can't believe you left your turkey to see a movie, though! It's a great tradition, but I would have been a nervous wreck! The turkey looks perfect- great job!
I'm way impressed!
way to go lady!!! linz told me about her turkey anxiety so im impressed you were able to leave it!
Post a Comment