Saturday Mandy and I ran in the Provo 5K/Half Marathon. We have been wanting to run a 5k for awhile, but we wanted to wait until it was warmer so we wouldn't freeze. Well, our race day came and it was 39 degrees with snow flurries. We had committed so nothing was going to stop us. We layered up with, 2 pairs of sweat pants, a T-shirt, thermal, and jacket, gloves, and a beanie. I have never worn so many clothes when running in my life. We were cold before the race began, but once we started running we were fine, and about half way done we started getting feeling back in all of our toes :)
Overall we had a great time and the snow didn't really come down until the race was over so that was nice. We ran together the whole way and finished with pretty good times (good for only running once a week to train). We are excited to actually train for our next one and to run in the summer!
Here we are before we left the warmth and comfort of my condo

After the race

The amazing man that helped make this happen. Thanks for watching the kids Dan!
4 comments:
Look at how natural Dan looks holding a baby and being with all those kids...
I wish we weren't so lazy and made it out to watch! I could've made a "GO ANNIE" banner. It would've been great. Instead I am writing this comment saying "way to go Annie"
Sad that I missed you! Good job, Annie! So far both of the races I have participated in have been run in poor weather conditions-yuck. I hope I don't jinx the next one!
Wow, I've really been out of it, I somehow missed you were even doing this. I know I was gone, but still I should have at least wished you luck! Way to go! You're awesome! And Dan is SO cute with all those kiddos!
Chandi
Post a Comment