Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Fun

I feel as though Dan and I have thoroughly enjoyed this summer. Not only did we have our East Coast trip, but we have done lots of other summery things. Now that I live in a place were summer doesn't last all year, I am happy we are taking advantage of the warm weather while it is here. Here are a few of the things that Dan and I have done, but I haven't blogged about yet.



On the Left Dan, Mark, and I on a roller coaster at lagoon. I noticed in these pictures my hair was looking a little lifeless, but it was a crazy morning plus the sun and wind from roller coasters didn't help! The picture on the right is Dan acting cool after winning this pink stuffed frog for me from a basketball game. Dan I already thought you were amazing, but thanks for proving it for all to realize!


Mark and Dan showing off their winnings!


These next pictures are our attempt to hike up to Bridal Vale falls, but unfortunately there was a fire there and so here Mark and Dan are in the Provo river down aways. Not as cool as a waterfall, but it was a fun summer activity!


There was no way that I was going to get into that water. We saw a snake slithering out of it when we first arrived, then there were dogs running around peeing in the water, and lastly the water was FREEZING as you might be able to tell by looking at Dan.

Finally Dan and I went to Cedar City with my sister and her family to visit my parents. Cedar City really is such a nice place. I always have such a wonderful time everytime I go and visit. Thanks mom and dad for always taking such good care of us!

Dan, my dad, Jake, the grandkids, and I went on two hikes Saturday. The first was closer to Cedar. It was a beautiful morning and the views were amazing!

The second hike was closer to St. George and was later in the day, so as you can image it was much hotter! But no one can deny the beauty of the red rocks. It was lots of fun, I just look forward to doing this hike again once the weather cools down a bit :)



3 comments:

The Birds said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Oh, and we LOVE the pics of Lagoon. We should go together sometime, then Preston would have someone to ride the "big" rides with while I took the little missy on the kiddie rides! We love reading your blog! You guys are the best!
Love ya,
Chandi

Connie said...

You're making me want another vacation. I love Southern Utah, maybe when it gets cooler, I can talk Brian into going south again.

amelia said...

Hey Annie! Glad you found me, I'll have fun keeping tabs on you! Now, with all your California amusement park experience, honestly, how was Lagoon? I still haven't been and am nervous it would disappoint after growing up with Six Flags!