Monday, August 18, 2008

The Good and the Bad of The Office

It is official, season 5 is upon us. Dan and I are HUGE fans of The Office. We can spend an entire weekend (not day, but weekend) just watching DVD's of The Office. I guess that isn't something to be proud of, but it is true and shows how much we love this show. I would also say that we quote The Office in conversation all too often, but I think that just makes life fun. :)

As much as I want to rejoice at this great journey that we are about to embark upon (will Pam and Jim get engaged or even married this season), I want to cry. Do you know what the new season of The Office means???? It means summer is over. Fall is rapidly approaching and there is no stopping it. My fellow Utahans, do you remember that it was STILL cold in June? We have only had like 2 summer months, fall can't be coming already. Summer is by far my favorite time of year. Everyone seems to be happier, healthier from being outside more, and friendlier. In the summer months I literally wake up with a smile on my face. 5am? Who cares, this sun is up, so should I. I will comment on the intense heat, but I will NEVER complain about it. I would love for it to be summer all the time, but if I can't have that, how about summer lasts 8 months of the year rather than winter.

I guess I have to come to grips that until Dan and I move to a warm weather place, I can't escape winter. I will enjoy the last few summer weekends that I have and try to remember that winter doesn't last forever. I will try and remember when I am scraping the foot of snow off my car, that not everyone gets to have that kind of experience. I will try and remember when my doors of my car are frozen shut and I can't get to work, that this hopefully won't be forever, and some day Dan and I will buy a home with a 2 car garage and I will be able to look back on these days and laugh. I will try and remember when I am freaking out because Dan is driving home late from Salt Lake in a snow storm and I think he is going to get into an accident, that he will be watched over and it will make him an even better driver. I will try and remember when I feel as though I have endured the snow long enough that spring is on its way and that I should be thankful to live in a place that is so beautiful and that I am lucky that I can walk outside my front door and play in the snow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'll buy you a pink ice scraper and a spare key to my garage.

Connie said...

We also love The Office. You are so upbeat, even when you're disgruntled. Enjoy the rest of summer, I personally think that summer doesn't end until Halloween (maybe I'm in denial).

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Hey,

We are coming to Utah this weekend. I will call sometime this week. Maybe we can get together for lunch or dinner or something. And yes, you should join Mari & I in Newport Beach next year

amelia said...

Annie - you are singing my tune! I am TICKED summer was so short this year and people are already going back to school? WHAT?

Richard said...

Sister, Oh sweet sister of mine, all you have to do is move to San Diego. I love it here, and I'm absolutely positive it's the best place to live and raise a family, so you should stop looking at all the reasons you can't come here, and start looking at all the reasons you should be here with your favorite brother. The only problem would be that you'd spend you weekends on the beach as opposed to sitting around watching the office. You only live once, so make some moves! See you soon. Bu-bye