Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh the Memories

Last week was out of control busy, but so much fun at the same time. It was busy because at work I was really short staffed and of course I had to pick up the slack. Then Cassie was in town and I just wanted to hang out with her. I manage my parents condo in Provo and had to clean it for the new girls to move in and the girls who just moved out didn't clean a thing so that took longer than planned. Also several of my friends have birthdays in the month of Aug and we celebrated them last week, and our friend Chris was in town who joined a group of us on Saturday when we floated down the Provo River.

So despite is the madness of trying to fit everything in, I wouldn't have traded that week for anything. While cleaning the condo soooo many memories came flooding back from when I lived there with Cassie and Nicole along with several other crazy roommates who will remain unnamed. As I scrubbed the counters in the kitchen I thought of the many late nights spent in there cracking up over the dumbest things and eating mass amounts of food. As the carpets were being cleaned in the hall I couldn't help but wonder why the hall was the main place I would lay and talk to my room mates (usually around 1am before we would go to bed). As I swept off the balcony I remembered how much fun it was to live in a condo that faced the quad so we could see what was going on or spy on people late at night.

While Cassie was here we also hung out with out friend Kara from freshman year (who I am lucky enough to have up here with me). Since I was stuck at work they came and visited me (see the picture above). It was so much fun stalking old friends on facebook and talking about how crazy freshman year was and that it was so great that ONE year, but we don't think we could handle that again!

Having both Cassie and Chris in town was so much fun, and hear what they are up to and where they are headed is so interesting because we all lived in the same place at one point. It was fun remembering all the stupid and fun things that we did. My college years were truly the craziest and most fun years of my life. I learned how to live on my own, made so many amazing friends, I met my husband, and I guess the main reason I was there, I got a degree. Thanks mom and dad for supporting me through that time and making it possible for me to go to school and have such a wonderful experience!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you have a degree. I guess.

Craig and Cassie said...

I'd do it over again. Oh to be young and single...lol

kara said...

hey, i am glad i got to hang out with y'all..and finally meet dan!! we should have lunch sometime!!