Wednesday's are my and Dan's busy day of the week and last Wednesday was no different. I went to the gym then hurried home to get dinner going. I peeled some potatoes threw them in a pot to start boiling. I still needed to bake cookies and shower and finish dinner before I left to go visiting teaching. I thought I would shower then bake the cookies after I got out of the shower. Before I got in the shower I started to smell something burning. I thought it was just a little something that had gotten on to the burner and I ignored it at first. Then I thought I better check before I got into the shower. GOOD THING! I had a pan of brownies that I had made the other day on the front burner with the potatoes on the back... it is just to bad I turned on the front burner. When I came out our little kitchen was completely filled with smoke and the pan was starting to glow. I quickly turned off the wrong burner and put the burning pan outside. Now that a couple of days have passed the smell has finally left our condo. Even with this unexpected mishap I still got everything done and made it to my visiting teaching appointment on time!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Oops!
Wednesday's are my and Dan's busy day of the week and last Wednesday was no different. I went to the gym then hurried home to get dinner going. I peeled some potatoes threw them in a pot to start boiling. I still needed to bake cookies and shower and finish dinner before I left to go visiting teaching. I thought I would shower then bake the cookies after I got out of the shower. Before I got in the shower I started to smell something burning. I thought it was just a little something that had gotten on to the burner and I ignored it at first. Then I thought I better check before I got into the shower. GOOD THING! I had a pan of brownies that I had made the other day on the front burner with the potatoes on the back... it is just to bad I turned on the front burner. When I came out our little kitchen was completely filled with smoke and the pan was starting to glow. I quickly turned off the wrong burner and put the burning pan outside. Now that a couple of days have passed the smell has finally left our condo. Even with this unexpected mishap I still got everything done and made it to my visiting teaching appointment on time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are amazing! I am glad that you checked before you got in the shower, otherwise things might not have turned out so good! I hate when things like that happen. Its always when I am rushing that something goes wrong, but you still got everything done...so you are amazing!
It's deja vu all over again! When we had Lona and Earl and Betty Jo and Ron over for dinner. I had a baked peach pie sitting out of the way on the back burner of the stove. Then I put on some vegies to cook and did what you did - turned on the wrong burner. About five minutes later I lifted the cover of the vegie pan, I was startled to see that they hadn't even begun to warm up. Almost instantly it became apparent what was wrong. I could smell something burning. It was the peach pie, which had gone to black on the bottom crust. I ended up scooping out the pie filling and top crust and serving it with a lot of vanilla iced cream - everyone loved the peach cobbler! I was so mad at myself. Well, you got your multi-tasking tendencies from me, so I guess you were bound to have this happen sooner or later. Love, Mom
Post a Comment