Today was Martin Luther King's day and for many many years when I was young my dad would haul all of us kids up to the snow on this holiday. Living in California going to the snow was such a treat and I have so many fun memories from these trips. Today when I woke up and saw the fresh foot of snow on the ground I knew there was only one thing we had to do on this day. Mark, Dan, and I put on our snow gear and headed to Rock Canyon. We had a great time sledding, Dad I just wish you could have come with us!
Monday, January 21, 2008
In your honor dad!
Today was Martin Luther King's day and for many many years when I was young my dad would haul all of us kids up to the snow on this holiday. Living in California going to the snow was such a treat and I have so many fun memories from these trips. Today when I woke up and saw the fresh foot of snow on the ground I knew there was only one thing we had to do on this day. Mark, Dan, and I put on our snow gear and headed to Rock Canyon. We had a great time sledding, Dad I just wish you could have come with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Seems like we had the same inspiration! I took the kids sledding too. Too bad we don't live closer and could have done it together. Looks like you had fun!
Dad hasn't seen this yet, but when he does he will be tickled to know that you have such wonderful memories of MLK Day snow events when you were our little girl. I can't think of anything I would rather no do.
Love, Mom
Annie, looks like you had fun, I wish I could have been there. It was fun in the old days. I do remember walking up the hill carrying up the tubes and having work boots on instead of snow boots. By the way it seems to me that a tube would be more comfortable than those plastic disks. Love Dad
Post a Comment