September kept the same pace as the rest of the summer. It began with a trip to California. I always forget how much I LOVE going home, until I am there and am reminded of the amazing place I was blessed to grow up in.
My trip started by visiting Julie and Jason. Julie is the first of our group to turn 30 and I couldn't resist the opportunity to join her celebration. Also, let's be honest, I want my friends to see what a cute boy Dallas is :) It was great to spend time with Julie and her family. We always have fun together and I am thankful I could spend a few days catching up.
I then headed to San Diego to stay with Chelsea. I finally got to meet her cute boy Kaleb. I had big plans to take Dallas to the beach while there and do a couple of other things, but Dallas had gotten sick at Julie's, throwing up in Jason's car on the way home from Julie's party. Then the next morning throwing up on Chelsea's couch. Dallas is such a trooper when it comes to not feeling well or getting hurt. I always will ask if he is OK and he always says a weak yes. This time it was in between pukes.
Since Dallas was a little under the weather, we laid low and watched a lot of Thomas the Train and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Dallas and Kaleb played great together. Mostly because Kaleb is easy going and didn't mind Dallas taking over all his toys. And they must know that they are destined to be best friends like their moms!
Lindsey and Brad came over one night for dinner. They came at the perfect time when both boys were crying over something, so if they were planning kids anytime soon, I am sure that will be put on hold. Dallas and Kaleb did calm down quickly and were great the rest of the night. Once again when we are all together I am reminded of the amazing friends I grew up with and that I am blessed to still have!
All in all it was a great trip. The only thing that almost killed me was the actually traveling part. Since I had to pay for Dallas since he had turned two, I knew I could carry on everything we needed and not pay to check things. That sounded great until Dallas decided that on the way there and back he didn't want to walk at all. So I was carrying him, two carry-on suitcases, and a car seat. Yes I thought I was going to die! Luckily there were the NICEST people who offered to help me. I was so impressed with the compassion people had for me!
The Saturday after I got back I ran a half marathon with my friend Tammy. She is my neighbor/friend/ running buddy. I am so lucky to have her as a running buddy. We run the same pace, both enjoy running, although she is much more hard core than me, and we both crave the adult conversation that starts our day. She was the one who suggested we do the half. I was reluctant, but I was glad I did it. It was the Big Cottonwood Canyon race. It was a beautiful downhill run, but I have never been in so much pain afterwards. Way too much downhill just torn my legs up and I really didn't think I would ever walk again... but after a couple days of looking like a zombie/Frankenstein my legs loosened up and I could walk normally again.
The month came to a close with us enjoying the nice weather!
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment