Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hawaii

This summer we took a trip to Hawaii. It was originally planned for February. We did that so we could escape the horrible Utah winter and Dallas was under 2 so he would fly for free. Well as I posted early Dan was back in the hospital. He was released the day before we were to leave, but we were advised not to go on our vacation. Dan was going to have to have surgery and if Dan's health took a turn for the worse while on a flight over the pacific ocean we would be in trouble. So we cancelled our flights. It was nice we were able to get full credit for plane tickets, but that didn't bring much comfort when trying to rebook and tickets were significantly more expensive. I know they can't do it, but I wish I was just a ticket for a ticket and not credit (can you tell I am still bitter about having to buy more expensive tickets)?

Dallas did AMAZING on the flight there and back. I was prepared for the worst, but he was a champ!
 

 
ANYWAY... we were thankful we were able to go. We went Aug. 1-12th still making it so Dallas could fly for free. We are thankful to have family there to spend time with. We stayed with Dan's mom which was the most perfect set up for us. The Workman's recently moved back to Hawaii, right next door to Dan's mom, allowing us to spend lots of time with them too. Just as I said it was fun to spend time with the Maycock kids one on one it was the same with the Workmans.

 Dallas doing the Shaka with Dan. This was our first day and we couldn't wait to get in the water.




Dallas adjusted to the easy life really fast. He is such a stud!!

While there we made it to a Kahuku High school football scrimmage. Dan and Londa had a good time analyzing the team for the up coming season.

We spent a lot of time at Waimea Bay. It is probably Dan's favorite beach and it was perfect for us. The surf was COMPLETELY flat which was perfect for Dallas to be able to play in the water. Dallas did great with all the sand and salt water. I think having two parents who grew up around the beach was passed down to him. He was a natural and loves loves loves the water.



Dan and Dallas looking for Turtles at Turtle Beach. We saw some other days when driving by, but of course the day we actually stopped to show Dallas there weren't any... maybe on our next trip. 





We went to the beach several times with the Workman family!


We had the most perfect weather almost the entire time. We were able to celebrate Dan's mom's birthday, Essie's birthday, and Dallas' birthday (a little early) while there. Dan's mom and sister hosted a BBQ for us and Dan's friends which was SO fun. We enjoyed the beautiful beaches and eat more food than was good for us. Dallas LOVED it and tells me all the time we need to go to the beach or go to Hawaii. I wish it was that easy to just go back!!





Dinner at PCC with Ann, Eric, and Londa. We went to the night show after dinner. It was AMAZING. I am so glad we were able to go!!

We celebrated Dallas' birthday at the Workman's house. They made a perfect Mickey Mouse birthday sign for him.


Dallas eating the frosting off his birthday cupcake.

Dan and Dallas' at Dan's father's grave.

Of course we had to get  a picture of Dallas and Dan at the Kahuku High school sign.



Dallas sleeping on the big bed. He did great sleeping over all. My only complaint about the whole trip was the HEAT!! Holy Moly! Seriously I have never been so hot for so long. That alone has made me swear to never go back in August. I love the dryness of Utah... constantly sweating isn't my idea of a good time.

A special thanks to Londa for all she did to make our trip so special and to the Workmans, for watching Dallas during the day so Dan and I could have some time to do things by ourselves and for taking us to PCC.

To my sweet husband who desperately wants to move back... Hawaii is amazing. I love going there with you and now bringing our children, but I love where we live. I promise we will go back as often as we can, but I don't know if I could live there... please put the dream on hold for a while :)


One last thing, we were blessed to come home to Annie, Sloan, and Sy. I don't know how we were so blessed this summer to be able to see almost all of Dan's family and be able to spend one on one time with each sibling's family. It was a short stay, but so meaningful. Thank you Annie for extending your trip to Utah long enough so we could see you guys!!

No comments: