Thursday, October 31, 2013

A busy Summer

This has probably been the busiest summer of my life, but it was filled with friends, family, and lots of great memories.

The summer kicked off with Cassie coming out to visit. She and her two kids, Riley and Kennedy stayed with us for a few days. It was so much fun to spend some quality time with her, rather than the usually couple of hours that we usually get when she visits Utah. It is was fun to see our kids play together and realize we are actual grown-ups now :)




 One day we took the kids to the reptile place. Riley was more into it than Dallas, but they had fun.




 Another day we went to the Thanksgiving Point Farm. It was REALLY HOT! I think the boys loved feeding the ducks more than anything else.


 We then went to Cedar City for the 4th of July. As usually it was packed full of fun and food. Mandy had baby Taylor and Danielle was pregnant so it was more low key then in years past, but as you will notice as I recount my summer travels, most trips involved a lot of sitting around and visiting and not really doing much. I value these types of vacations. I rather spend quality time visiting then rushing around all day doing things, but not really getting a chance to enjoy the time together!!

Later in July Dallas and I flew to San Francisco to attend my Grandma Jean's memorial service. She past away in April at the age of 92. She was an amazing woman who raise wonderful kids. I have so many fond memories of her, but what I love the most was her little laugh. She also always made our stay special whenever we came to visit. It was her time to go, so even though it is sad she is gone, it is a wonderful thing to know she is home with our Father in Heaven.


The flight out there was delayed an hour. This wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't get there early to make sure I could get through all the lines by myself with Dallas. We road the moving sidewalk for A LONG TIME. It was great entertainment for Dallas. Less fun for me carrying all of our carry on stuff.

My parents were so wonderful and met me at the airport in SF. I thought for sure I take Dallas, our luggage, stroller, and car seat on the BART by myself to Concord. I am sure I could have done it by myself, but it would have killed me. Dallas had so much fun riding the BART and having my parents to play with him!

We stayed at my grandparent's neighbor's house, Jane with her dog mimi. We have stayed there and visited with her for so many years she is like family. Dallas was in heaven playing with the dog. One morning we took her for a walk.
After the memorial I headed to Napa to spend a couple of days with Nicole and her two cute girls Scarlett and Sidney. Once again, it was such a wonderful trip because we actually had time to really visit. I am happy my college roommates and I are married, have children, and living such wonderful lives, I just wish we all lived close together. I miss them so much and when we do get together I am reminded why they were my best friends in college and why I have stayed close to them. They are simply amazing people who I love!!

Somehow I don't have a picture with me and Nicole, but here are our kids having fun in the back seat!
We were sad to say goodbye but needed to head home. Dallas loved watching the planes come and go.

We had the Maycock's come and visit a few days later. Usually just Liz and Chris come out, but this time they brought the kids for a vacation in Utah. We loved having Mary, Chase, and Emma out here. When the cousins are together it is ALL the cousins so it is hard to get some one on one time with them. They were so cute with Dallas and Dan and I enjoyed visiting with them. On the 24th of July we bought fireworks so set off with Chase and Emma and Mary was sweet and stayed inside with Dallas who was TERRIFIED of them. Once again the visit felt way to short, but we were so glad they stayed with us for a couple of days while they were out here.

Fireworks with Chase and Emma... what are uncles for :)

Dallas brushing Liz's hair. I am sure this isn't a sign for his future profession.

No comments: