Monday, February 18, 2013

Traveling!

I love to travel. I'm not a world traveler, but since Dan and I have been married, we have taken lots of trips and I am thankful that we had so much time before Dallas came for us to do so. Since being married we have gone to Hawaii, Michigan, Illinois, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida (We only were in Florida for a few hours because we left from there to go on a cruise to: Belize,  Mexico, Honduras), Georgia, Washington DC, and California lots of times.

We have been to several of these places more than once and will probably go back more. Obviously these are bigger trips, but I even love the short weekend trips to my parents house just 3 hours away.

Why do I love traveling? All the reasons most people hate it. I love planning out each trip. Learning about fun things to do and good places to eat. I love packing and preparing to go. Even though I hold my breathe every I press "purchase" to buy a plane ticket because I am sure I selected to wrong dates without realizing it, I love the feeling right after when I know things are set. I love the change in routine, although it is harder now with Dallas.

Most of all, traveling means I am going to see people I love! Many people hate traveling around the holidays, but that is almost my favorite. It means we are going to spend time with family! Almost every place listed we went with seeing friends or family.

Dan and I save so we can go places. I always tell Dan we need to cut back and stick to a budget, but it isn't long before I get the itch and I tell him we need to go on vacation. 

There are sooo many places I want to go, but that is the other part of traveling that is fun... looking forward to your next trip.

No comments: