Julie's Wedding
I LOVED high school. Yes there were some trying parts, awkward parts, and plenty of embarrassing parts, but all of these things contributed in shaping me into the person I am today. I can think of specific things that had major impacts on my life and I thankful for these things.
Chelsea's Wedding
I think high school can be the most mentally exhausting time of life. Obviously there is class, but if that was all, it would be a cake walk. It was the challenge of balancing school with sports, church, family, and social, all the while, this is when you are trying to figure out who you are as an individual and trying to fit in. Luckily for me, this mental challenge was made easier for me because I had greatest friends I could have ever asked for, creating a wonderful environment to learn and grow in.
Lindsey's Wedding
I am still great friends with the majority of people I considered my best friends. We were a close knit group of friends that had so much fun together and stuck together through it all. We were low drama, middle of the crowd people, who got along with everyone. We had lots of afternoons and late nights eating, talking, laughing deliriously, and making some of the best memories.
Thank you to Chelsea, my best friend since 2nd grade, Julie, Megan, and Lindsey for making high school (and middle school) the most amazing time that it was. As you have been scrolling through the pictures they have each been of these amazing girl's weddings and I am thankful they are still a part of my life. We each have shared special moments together and were there for each other when needed. Brad, Vance, Phil, Nick, Sofia, and Alex were also part of our group and close friends and I am still in contact with most of them and are in the majority of these pictures as well. All these are the people that I can go years without seeing, but as soon as we are together it doesn't feel we have been apart for a day. These are the people who really know me, I never have to have walls up around them, and I know I will turn beat red from laughing at least once when we are together.
Megan's Wedding (I am 8 months pregnant. I didn't think I was going to make it to her wedding because this was shortly after Dan was released from the hospital. Megan was so great and understood, but Chelsea knew I needed to be there and had everyone pitch in and worked out the details to make it happen so I could be there. I truly am blessed!)
As I have been reflecting on those four years of my life, I realize it was great for me because of these friends. I could sit here and try to list the fun experiences I had, but I realized that just by listing these few names, 90% of my wonderful memories come flooding back.
I am so thankful I can look back at my high school experience with fondness. I am so thankful for the life long friends I made, but I am also VERY thankful it is over and that I don't ever have to go back. It was great once... no need to go through all that again :)




No comments:
Post a Comment