Friday, September 28, 2012

Special Moments

There are so many moments in life that need to be recorded, but aren't. I wish I kept a journal so these times aren't forgotten, maybe someday. For now I don't want to forget these two things. The first was with Dallas. He has learned go to give kisses, but it is typically upon request. A few weeks ago when I went in to get him when he woke up in the morning, I picked him up and he automatically gave me a kiss. It just melted my heart. Dallas is such a loving boy and I am thankful for all his cuddles and kisses!

The second thing was with Dan. He isn't super expressive with his love, like most guys, but here and there he will do the sweetest things. It was in August, in the middle of the day. I was getting ready (yes it was the middle of the day and I was finally getting ready) and I received this email from Dan:

"I've always heard this song on the radio and I really dug it but I never knew what the lyrics were before. You won't like the song (because it's old) but It's my new song about you. It's rad. :)"

The song is:  Right Down The Line by Gerry Rafferty

The Lyrics are:

You know I need your love
You've got that hold over me
Long as I've got your love
You know that I'll never leave
When I wanted you to share my life
I had no doubt in my mind
And it's been you woman
Right down the line

I know how much I lean on you
Only you can see
The changes that I've been through
Have left a mark on me
You've been as constant as a Northern Star
The brightest light that shines
It's been you woman right down the line

I just wanna say this is my way
Of tellin' you everything
I could never say before
Yeah this is my way of tellin' you
That every day I'm lovin' you so much more
'Cause you believed in me through my darkest night
Put somethin' better inside of me
You brought me into the light
Threw away all those crazy dreams
I put them all behind
And it was you woman
Right down the line

I just wanna say this is my way of tellin' you everything
I could never say before
Yeah this is my way of tellin' you
Everything I could never say before
Yeah this is my way of tellin' you
That every day I'm lovin' you so much more

If I should doubt myself, if I'm losing ground
I won't turn to someone else
They'd only let me down
When I wanted you to share my life
I had no doubt in my mind
And it's been you woman
Right down the line

The words are so sweet and mean so much to me. I am so thankful for the love I feel each day from the two amazing men in my life. I truly am so blessed!

1 comment:

Laura Anne said...

Oh Annie, those are such sweet things! Love it.