It is tradition in Hawaii to have a luau for your child's first birthday. I have know this even before Dallas was born. Around the time Dallas turned six months old, I realized that I had this party to throw and it was going to be big. Around nine months I started working on it. With the help of lots of people it all came together.
It was a crazy busy day. In a way it reminded me of my wedding day. I was busy all day preparing and getting ready, we were surrounded by close friends and family, there was great food, and it seemed to fly by, not allowing me the time I would have like to spend with everyone, including Dallas.
Thank you Londa (Dan's mom) for sending the perfect gift, Dallas' Aloha outfit.
The welcome table. I had hoped to display each month of professional pictures starting at 4 weeks to the present, but that didn't quite happen.
The buffet. I was VERY proud of the food. It consisted of all Hawaiian dishes: Kalua Pig, Shoyu Chicken, Ponipopo, Spam Musubi, Mochi, and fruit. I cooked it all and it actually all turned out. Thank you to Ben and Katie who cooked the rice and Kolo who brought watermelon Otai
Dallas eating his peanut butter sandwich. He did eat some of the food, but this is his favorite.
Dan introducing everyone
Tracy, Danny, Tom, Matt, Jamie, Brent holding Ty, and Mark our college friends
Me with my friend/neighbor Tammy. Our boys are only two months apart and they will have no choice, but to be friends :)
I made Dallas' slipper cake. I made a couple of practice cakes, each of which turned out better than this one, but I still think it is cute.
Dallas LOVES frosting and only scraped the frosting off with his finger and ate it.
The cake for everyone else. Thank you Costco.
A good looking couple if I do say so myself. Dan was sweet and when I asked which Aloha shirt he was going to wear he said his pink one to match me. I couldn't have asked for a better answer.
Dallas' trying to get in and play with the melted ice that was holding water bottles.
My sister's family. I am so grateful for all the help of my sister. Also she was so sweet and took all of these pictures for us!
Left to right: Sid, Audrey, Quinn, Darlene, Dan, Annie, Dallas, Mark, Leah, Kolo, and BK. We are blessed with great friends!
Dan with his mission friend Wes and his wife Alley.
Us with Ben, Katie, Laura, and Mark. We love our family and are thankful of their help!
It was a great night. I am thankful we had the opportunity to celebrate Dallas turning one and that we could have the people we love their with us!

No comments:
Post a Comment